NXDN Activity In NYC Area ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

Is anyone aware of any NXDN activity in or around the New York City area? So far, on my AOR DV1, I have only found one station transmitting on this digital mode in narrow 6.25 operation. Is anyone aware of any activity in this area either in the narrow 6.25 or the wider 12.5 mode ?

Thanks much in advance.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you have seen this site or not. United States NXDN Frequency Search

Click NXDN and put New York for county and NY for state. These will be all licenses that reflect nxdn as of July. I know on Long Island, I found a few systems that were not licensed for nexedge but are using it daily. A few school bus companies are going to this. Many of the Long Island Railroad freqs now reflect nxdn as well as some amtrak.

Darkstar350

Its going to take some time before the MTA makes much use of NXDN but there is some NXDN activity in the area not quite as much as Mototrbo however
Most notably a radio company "Suffolk county communications" has been building a system Suffolk County Communications (Farmingville NEXEDGE) Trunking System, Farmingville, New York - Scanner Frequencies
As well as a bus company "WE Transport" has switched their old LTR system to nexedge ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WQVY966 - WE TRANSPORT INC

Try
These are frequencies for the Suffolk county communications system that arent in the database yet
Ive been trying to confirm them but maybe someone else will have a better shot at it
Also Suffolk county communications isnt really specific to suffolk county in particular - its just the name of the company
They have repeaters in Nassau and queens as well...

Last edited:

MStep

Not sure if you have seen this site or not. United States NXDN Frequency Search

Click NXDN and put New York for county and NY for state. These will be all licenses that reflect nxdn as of July. I know on Long Island, I found a few systems that were not licensed for nexedge but are using it daily. A few school bus companies are going to this. Many of the Long Island Railroad freqs now reflect nxdn as well as some amtrak.

Thanks---- great tips--- will be able to run those freqs through the AOR DV1 pretty quickly with the "Q" function in eSPYonARD. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hastings on Hudson PD is on NXDN for a while now. I believe they are 12.5

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The only NXDN MTA users are the Metro North radio shop and we are encrypted 99% of the time. I changed all of our licenses to include the NXDN emission years ago, but as has been said I doubt I or anyone in the radio shop will ever see NXDN for the RTC in our lifetime.

Why the encryption and what is RTC?

Sorry, just woke up lol

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Encryption can be for a wide variety of reasons. You would want some peace of mind when troubleshooting a life safety radio system without the fear that someone will be listening in your login and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.