NXDN at BNSF barstow yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgrooven

Where are they low cost? I just looked up the nx210 and did not find it below $700. Other sites won't display the price, which makes me think they are not so low cost.

Compared to the motorola Xts 5000, the kenwood is a lot cheaper. The Motorola Xts is around $2000.00. So I would say its a lot cheaper.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Compared to the motorola Xts 5000, the kenwood is a lot cheaper. The Motorola Xts is around $2000.00. So I would say its a lot cheaper.

Ok, I think I misread that post. Compared to a radio yes, I can see that. I was comparing it to a scanner, not that there is one that can decode it. Sorry.

T0mSmith

Where are they low cost? I just looked up the nx210 and did not find it below $700. Other sites won't display the price, which makes me think they are not so low cost.

Kenwood dealers are not allowed to post actual prices on the internet. They are allowed to post MSRP. Most don't bother posting MSRP beacuse it is ridiculously high. Contact the dealer in your area. The price will be significantly cheaper than MSRP.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Kenwood dealers are not allowed to post actual prices on the internet. They are allowed to post MSRP. Most don't bother posting MSRP beacuse it is ridiculously high. Contact the dealer in your area. The price will be significantly cheaper than MSRP.

Ok thanks. I just received a quote from an online dealer. $515 was what I was quoted.

Josh

I got a quote for a new NX700 mobile for under $600, but on that note, portable radios cost more than mobiles typically.

iCom IDAS radios are less expensive than Kenwood radios as well, but aside from two radios, I've purchased all my NXDN stuff from eBay, averaging around $300 each. Unless you have an issue with purchasing used gear.

Compared to P25, NXDN is inexpensive. Typically $1000, if not more. Hence the basis of my message. Folks pay $500-600 for P25 scanners, and for less than the cost of the latest scanner that won't receive NXDN anyway, you could put the same money into a capable two-way.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
I got a quote for a new NX700 mobile for under $600, but on that note, portable radios cost more than mobiles typically.

iCom IDAS radios are less expensive than Kenwood radios as well, but aside from two radios, I've purchased all my NXDN stuff from eBay, averaging around $300 each. Unless you have an issue with purchasing used gear.

Compared to P25, NXDN is inexpensive. Typically $1000, if not more. Hence the basis of my message. Folks pay $500-600 for P25 scanners, and for less than the cost of the latest scanner that won't receive NXDN anyway, you could put the same money into a capable two-way.

Quite true, as I am one of those who will be purchasing the new scanner. Luckily I do not have any agencies in my area going to NXDN except the railroad, which, is why I am looking at them.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin

I bought a used NX-700 with remote head kit for $400 a couple years back. It was in immaculate shape too.

Status
Not open for further replies.