NXDN Calculator V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
For those of you who have seem and used my nxdn calculator, I've updated it again. It now has the original section where you need 2 channel and frequency pairs in the SAME bandplan, then it will give you the Step size and the Base frequency. Then you can enter either a channel or frequency and it will give you the other.

I've added a new section to V3 that uses the standard bandplan formula for UHF, and all you do is enter a frequency and it will give you the channel. Of course if the system is not using the standard bandplan, then the info will be wrong. Use this as a tool and not as facts. It least it's a good place to start.

Attachments

• NXDN System Calculator V3.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 443

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Do you happen to have a calculator for VHF?

I don't have any VHF systems here that I can test, but the main (upper) part of the calculator should work for any bandplan because it will figure it out with the 2 known channel and frequencies. If someone knows what the formula is for VHF, and if it's different from the UHF, let me know and I can add it to the program.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
All the VHF NXDN systems I've seen so far seem to have no actual band plan and just numbers assigned to frequencies.
Something like below.
154.25 CHID 1
153.0625 CHID 2
156.000 CHID 3

garys

Premium Subscriber
The only VHF NXDN near me uses Channel numbers, 1, 3, 5,... 11. All of the frequencies are in the 152.00 Part 22 allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.