TRX-2: NXDN Control Channel Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
1) This question has been asked across many threads, and many different answers have been given. I've never directly asked any questions to Whistler Wendy, but this one needs an official answer. Do these scanners decode NXDN control channels when programmed as NXDN-C?

2)When trunk tracking, the signal strength meter shows "S" flashes on and off and "T" flashes indicating I'm receiving a trunking channel. Since their aren't any instructions out there that I found, the flashing "S" would indicate the squelch is open too far but in NXDN Trunking, I can't eliminate the "S" no matter how far I turn the squelch clockwise (15). Is this normal behavior, or a setting issue?

3)The debate is out there on this...do the frequencies need to be put in proper "order" to Trunk track (If in fact we are trunk tracking as asked in question 1) the system properly? I have a large 7 system NXDN system but no matter what I've done, I still miss some conversations.

4) Is there, or will their be an "addendum" to the on-line owners manual in regards to NXDN trunk tracking?

Thanks in advance for your replies..

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Asked and answered?

Have not received any response to my questions here or via private message, so I took it upon myself to experiment on my own.

I went ahead and added the system again, NXDN-C and added two sites. Each site contained only one known control channel frequency, Wildcard talk group and radio ID was added. I pulled out my spare SD card, and uploaded everything via the computer.

Exchanged SD cards, powered up the scanner and....................silence. So that answers one of my questions about the control channel and trunk tracking NXDN...not true.

Some kind soul close by has been following my questions and threads and contacted me as he was in possession of a DSD dongle. He was able to determine the order of the frequencies of the 2 sites I monitor and sent me a screen shot. I can report that I've been working on this the last couple days my holding on active talk groups. So far, that has worked very well, so it's very possible that this is required to properly follow NXDN trunking systems.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
In my TRX's I entered all the frequencies used in the site (each site) the whistlers do not use the control channel data for DMR/NXDN Trunking they scan the voice channels for traffic and look at the talkgroup tag list. My TRX's only get about 1/2 of the NXDN Trunking traffic compaired to my x36's/100 and my NX5300 radio.

dsankir

As a old trx user, i ve never had a chance listen nxdn channels as Trunk!Trx always scan voice channels,this is not trunk.And just stop on CC for a few seconds and continue to scan.Now i have sds100 and try to listen as TRUNK.

Status
Not open for further replies.