NXDN Descrambling on the AR-DV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

G7HID

NXDN Descramble function on the AR-DV1 announced by AOR dealers:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(For 15 bit digital scrambling mode NXDN signals. Does not support encrypted mode NXDN signals )

-Select the NXDN mode (=D-CR) or AUTO mode.

Once the desired signal is received:

-Click once on the main tuning dial

-Long press on MODE button

The blinking question marks means that AR-DV1 is searching for the descrambling code. It just takes 1 or 2 seconds if reception conditions are good. Once found, it will the scramble code such as 000015 for example and you will hear the decoded voice.

Please note that although the display shows "ENC.CODE", it actually means "descramble" code. No relation to encryption.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

An alternative method of descrambling if the scrambling key is already known:

An alternative for descrambling scrambled signals on NXDN with the AR-DV1: Select frequency and mode (D-CR), momentarily push main tuning knob, a line of reverse video '0's appear, enter key code using numeric keys (do not push any other key), DV1 will now be in descramble mode using the entered key..

The above methods have been proven to work on an International unblocked version of the AR-DV1 using Firmware Version 1702D.
Would be interesting to see if it works on a North American model..

A small quirk whilst decoding is that after every over a second or so of motorboating audio is present..

If scrambled and unscrambled traffic is present on the monitored channel using the descrambler, the scrambled audio is received in the clear, the clear audio is received scrambled using the displayed code..

Once the descrambling code key is displayed it will remain until cleared or the receiver power down..

When entering NXDN descrambler mode the code key will default to '00000'..

Mike

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
NXDN Descramble function on the AR-DV1 announced by AOR dealers:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(For 15 bit digital scrambling mode NXDN signals. Does not support encrypted mode NXDN signals )

-Select the NXDN mode (=D-CR) or AUTO mode.

Once the desired signal is received:

-Click once on the main tuning dial

-Long press on MODE button

The blinking question marks means that AR-DV1 is searching for the descrambling code. It just takes 1 or 2 seconds if reception conditions are good. Once found, it will the scramble code such as 000015 for example and you will hear the decoded voice.

Please note that although the display shows "ENC.CODE", it actually means "descramble" code. No relation to encryption.

An alternative method of descrambling if the scrambling key is already known:

An alternative for descrambling scrambled signals on NXDN with the AR-DV1: Select frequency and mode (D-CR), momentarily push main tuning knob, a line of reverse video '0's appear, enter key code using numeric keys (do not push any other key), DV1 will now be in descramble mode using the entered key..

The above methods have been proven to work on an International unblocked version of the AR-DV1 using Firmware Version 1702D.
Would be interesting to see if it works on a North American model..

A small quirk whilst decoding is that after every over a second or so of motorboating audio is present..

If scrambled and unscrambled traffic is present on the monitored channel using the descrambler, the scrambled audio is received in the clear, the clear audio is received scrambled using the displayed code..

Once the descrambling code key is displayed it will remain until cleared or the receiver power down..

When entering NXDN descrambler mode the code key will default to '00000'..

Mike

Thanks for this post. I too have an International unblocked version. I was aware of decoding know NXDN codes but was not aware of the feature to find those codes. I also found when using the known codes the clear audio would not come through. The am certain it was working on my radio long before this current firmware version.

G7HID

Thanks for this post. I too have an International unblocked version. I was aware of decoding know NXDN codes but was not aware of the feature to find those codes. I also found when using the known codes the clear audio would not come through. The am certain it was working on my radio long before this current firmware version.

It is not known when this feature was introduced, the first mention I saw was as an un-documented feature a few days ago by a camp follower at AOR France..

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.