• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NXDN how-to setup private group

Status
Not open for further replies.

talexhill

Howdy guys,

I'm a huge fan of Kenwood's NEXEDGE Radio's. I've got a NX-320, and 800(H). Love them.

I got asked a question by a friend of mine, who has a VHF NX system. He asked "how can I have, persay, a separate channel that's still repeated, for just a select number of radios on the system".

I'm unable to answer his question - and I'm looking for an answer, since he'll next ask me to re-program the system to be able to do this. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

Thanks,

Alex

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If this is a friend and you attempt to set this up for them then they owe you a favor big time! You didn't mention but I assume you want to do this on NXDN. Both individual and group calls are possible but you're gonna be all over the map in the program software to get it set up correctly. Not that it's impossible to do, it's just you WILL spend some time and lots of reprogramming trying to fudge the radios to do what you want.

Here's a basic idea of what needs to be done:

1 Build ID lists (NXDN window) for group or individual calling. For individual, each radio needs a
unique ID and the list determines who you can call. For group you will need to determine how many
you'll need and put all in the group list with their separate ID numbers.
2 For the zones you need this feature you need to set optional signaling to "RAN and Optional
Signaling" on ALL radios or it just won't work right. It keeps the speaker muted until the proper ID
is received from the transmitting radio. Default is unmute on just RAN only which defeats the
selective feature.
3 You need to decide how the selective call is made. For an individual call all you can do is assign a
button to bring up the ID list and scroll to the radio you want to call. For group call you can also
assign a button to bring the group list up but I think that's a clumsy way to do it. There is a way to
put an automatic group call slaved to a zone. You can create different zones to call different groups
(all with the same repeater or simplex channel) and switch groups by the zone up/down buttons.

I'm no expert by far but this is what I'm understanding by the programming manual. If you can look over the program software for these points, read the help files, and get a basic understanding then post any specific questions then you can get this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.