NXDN (lots of) missed transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else tried this?

I have noticed over the past several days that I was missing a lot of NXDN comms on my 536. I tried creating departments with both the ARC536 and Proscan with the same result. Some talkgroups seems to work fine some do not.

So I did the following to try and do some troubleshooting.

I took an active talkgroup that was programmed via software but I was not hearing anything on when I know there was traffic present. So I manually entered the talkgroup ID into the scanner via the scanner keypad and ammazing enough, worked perfectly and decoded traffic every time the channel was active. Great! Programmed again with software and scanner totally skips the active talkgroup.

Has anyone else tried this and got similar results? I am wondering if the software is missing something when its downloading into the scanner.

I did try the new V17 firmware as a final test before posting this. Got the same results with V17.

Voyager

I have noticed over the past several days that I was missing a lot of NXDN comms on my 536. I tried creating departments with both the ARC536 and Proscan with the same result. Some talkgroups seems to work fine some do not.

So I did the following to try and do some troubleshooting.

I took an active talkgroup that was programmed via software but I was not hearing anything on when I know there was traffic present. So I manually entered the talkgroup ID into the scanner via the scanner keypad and ammazing enough, worked perfectly and decoded traffic every time the channel was active. Great! Programmed again with software and scanner totally skips the active talkgroup.

Has anyone else tried this and got similar results? I am wondering if the software is missing something when its downloading into the scanner.

I did try the new V17 firmware as a final test before posting this. Got the same results with V17.

Sounds like it's a software bug, not firmware. (odd it's in both SW packages)

Did a review of the channel indicate the correct TG before it was manually reprogrammed?

What is the specific TGID number?

Are you sure it's not a Service Type issue or perhaps a Quick Key or AVOID?

Searay

Premium Subscriber
I am ashamed that I did not catch this........

Sounds like it's a software bug, not firmware. (odd it's in both SW packages)

Did a review of the channel indicate the correct TG before it was manually reprogrammed?

What is the specific TGID number?

Are you sure it's not a Service Type issue or perhaps a Quick Key or AVOID?

Thanks Voyager,

Thought I had checked everything, I don't like to make posted that make me look like an amateur. I had checked the avoid, the GPS setting and a few others. I had not checked the service types. Have only started using them and after your reply I checked and the default setting was that a lot of them were off. Turned them on and Bamm!

Good call Voyager, Thanks!

Matt

Voyager

Glad I could help. There are so many common things that can block scanning.

troymail

Silent Key
Back home and monitoring with 17 this morning -- the 436 does appear to be picking up much more than it did with previous firmware versions - at least based on what I've seen so far. I even saw it pick up a mid-conversation transmission. It still misses some but far less that before (at least, so far).....

Status
Not open for further replies.