NXDN NEXEDGE 9600 is 6.25 or 12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmendez

Hi I ahve my scanner program to 6.25 mhz on a nxdn 9600 system is that okay for it or should or do I have to switch it to 12.5

bmendez

Ok because I check the license it showed this on on the license on the emission page don't know what this means 4K00F1E FCC
8K30F1E

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Ok because I check the license it showed this on on the license on the emission page don't know what this means 4K00F1E FCC
8K30F1E

Those are the emission designators.
4K00F1E is "very narrow NXDN", or the 6.25KHz NXDN. 4800 baud.
8K30F1E is "narrow NXDN", or the 12.5KHz NXDN. 9600 baud.

Not uncommon to license for both, but they are likely only running one. The radios/repeaters are set up for one or the other.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
ok because sometimes I hear dispatch talking but units don't say anything and then I her dispatch say something

The system would be running all the same, so if you are hearing the dispatchers, you should be set correctly.

Without knowing which system it is, I'd be guessing on what was causing it. Might be a patched system, might be that the mobiles are running encrypted, etc.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Might be the way they have things setup on their end.
Since it's trunking, the individual user radios should register at their local site, and the system would route traffic there. That should let you hear everything.
Since you are not, it may have something to do with system programming or they are running encryption on the mobile/portable user end.
Can't really tell by just looking at that database entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.