NXDN NEXEDGE 9600 - Onondaga County

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I recently discovered a NEXEDGE 9600 system on 461.3000 MHz. Based on the some of the transmissions, I believe this system is located in Syracuse NY. When I searched the FCC database, 461.300 MHz was assigned to Crouse Hospital with the license of KAV766. According to the FCC database, this license had Emission Designators of (20K0F3E and 11K2F3E) and expired on 03/27/2022. Since the Crouse license expired and the Emission Designators do not match NXDN, this should rule out Crouse. So who owns this NXDN system??? Is this an upgrade for Crouse Hospital?

Some of the clues:
1. Shuttle operations
2. User(s) identified themselves as Security
3. Geographic references to the hospital area of Syracuse. Mentioned Golisano.
4. Multiple Users / Multiple RIDs
5. One Frequency system?
6. RAN=1
7. Only one Talk Group (1) detected

What am I missing or overlooking? If anyone in the Onondaga County area can comment, I would appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:

Disp46

Premium Subscriber
I recently discovered a NEXEDGE 9600 system on 461.3000 MHz. Based on the some of the transmissions, I believe this system is located in Syracuse NY. When I searched the FCC database, 461.300 MHz was assigned to Crouse Hospital with the license of KAV766. According to the FCC database, this license had Emission Designators of (20K0F3E and 11K2F3E) and expired on 03/27/2022. Since the Crouse license expired and the Emission Designators do not match NXDN, this should rule out Crouse. So who owns this NXDN system??? Is this an upgrade for Crouse Hospital?

Some of the clues:
1. Shuttle operations
2. User(s) identified themselves as Security
3. Geographic references to the hospital area of Syracuse. Mentioned Golisano.
4. Multiple Users / Multiple RIDs
5. One Frequency system?
6. RAN=1
7. Only one Talk Group (1) detected

What am I missing or overlooking? If anyone in the Onondaga County area can comment, I would appreciate your feedback.
Since Crouse was operating on that frequency with Kenwood radios in analog mode this past winter, I would hazard a guess that you’re exactly right. They just switched from analog to Nexedge. They just didn’t bother with the tiny details of an FCC license. I’m surprised that their vendor didn’t handle this. There’s nothing even waiting in the license queue.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Licenses?!. Emission Designators?!
Surely you're new to this hobby.

(And I know you're not new, was just a tongue in cheek after seeing this time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time......)

Status
Not open for further replies.