NXDN on Metro North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I live near the Brewster yard and every so often I've been getting digital transmissions over 160.41. Has Metro North started playing with NXDN?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I live near the Brewster yard and every so often I've been getting digital transmissions over 160.41. Has Metro North started playing with NXDN?

Kinda, they are using ICOM radios, and its only the radio shop that is using it.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
We are completing a large area system for the radio shop. Will cover from GCT in the terminal out to New Haven, Waterbury, Wassaic and Poughkeepsi. I am right now rebuilding the Mt Beacon radio since it's damage some months ago. So you might be hearing me testing it or the Patterson site which covers from Mt Kisco to Wassaic

BTW we are now replacing the HT-1250 with Icoms with GPS installed as they become un-servicable, some are over 12 years old.

Last edited:

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
We are completing a large area system for the radio shop. Will cover from GCT in the terminal out to New Haven, Waterbury, Wassaic and Poughkeepsi. I am right now rebuilding the Mt Beacon radio since it's damage some months ago. So you might be hearing me testing it or the Patterson site which covers from Mt Kisco to Wassaic

BTW we are now replacing the HT-1250 with Icoms with GPS installed as they become un-servicable, some are over 12 years old.

OK. Good thing I got a TRX 2!

CqDx

I think what he meant is the radio shop is going encrypted, all railroad traffic (analog today) will stay analog.

to me radio shop traffic is so sporadic and hit or miss that it doesn't even matter if they go encrypted :)

D

DaveNF2G

What does the radio shop do that is so Secret Squirrel that they have to be encrypted?

CqDx

I don't know, if I'm troubleshooting the system and I need to read off the password and IP address, I wouldn't want to give it over the air in the clear

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
+1 on that, yes the radio shop deals with internal communications that outsiders should not hear. Look at any major trunking system from NYC to N.C. the radio shops are all "E". It appears that a lot of people don't realize that the radio shop deal's with infrastructure that is not for public knowledge. With PTC coming there will be a lot of "E" traffic with that.
Besides our traffic isn't that interesting. Today you would have heard "What flavor is the connector on that Yagi your putting up male or female" LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.