NXDN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave2582

Curr: Hudson, NH Lived: Tewksbury/Billerica MA
I now have a TRX1 and I have been using spectrum sweep here and there. I've picked up 152.3075 and it's on the nxdn system. I understand I have it saved as a conventional frequency. When it lights up, it shows trunking info. I'm new on nxdn, so I don't know much about them. If it's showing trunking data, how do I find the other set of frequencies? With some research, it looks like it's part of a multi county system out of Maine.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
It's possible to do single frequency trunking, so there may not necessarily be other frequencies.

I searched the FCC database for 152.3075 in New Hampshire, and this is the only user that popped up:
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQJA525 - PELHAM SCHOOL DISTRICT

They are still showing running narrow band analog FM only, but that doesn't mean they haven't switched to an NXDN system.
They do show 4 repeaters at the same location:

You could try listening to those other 3 frequencies. Still, doesn't mean it's a multi channel trunked system, but it's worth a shot.

I don't see anything in the FCC database for that frequency in the state of Maine.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

BTW I can hear the Goffstown site using an external antenna. I am about 48 miles away on the North Shore (Boston). It is a good site.

73 Eric

RKG

Mount Uncannunuc, in Goffstown, at 1324 feet MSL. For many years, one of the premiere radio sites in all of New England.

n1das

Mount Uncannunuc, in Goffstown, at 1324 feet MSL. For many years, one of the premiere radio sites in all of New England.

Yes, "Unc" has great coverage. It's not as high as other hilltops in NH but there's not much else around it so it has great height above average terrain (HAAT). I live on a hill in Nashua NH and Unc is direct line of site from my house. I can see the Unc towers lit up at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.