• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NXDN Ran New Repeater

jcefd10

Good morning all.
I have a question about something I came across accidently that I can't make sense of.

Quick overview -

Main repeater site - NXR710 - Mixed Mode (analog used to be for fire/ems paging)- NXDN RAN 32
Secondary Site - NXR710(new) - Mixed Mode (analog side of repeater can still be used like one one temporarily)- NXDN RAN 31

The secondary site was an analog only site and we finally were able to get another NXR710.
THe input/output frequencies of the 2 sites are the same, (guess someone assumed the secondary would be analog forever??).
When the repeater was installed, the shop programmed it with the same RAN code as the main site (dont ask why..), and that caused ALL kinds of issues. I hurried down and changed the RAN on both encode and decode to 31. Seemed to fix the issue.
I was doing some tests yesterday getting ready for the KTI-3's to get here, and our EMS director called and asked what I was doing b/c he could hear me on the radio. He was on the main channel (site 1) and was not scanning. I don't know how he heard me because I haven't programmed the updated RAN codes in anyones radio besides mine. That way I could do what I needed until it was satisfactory and then update everyone elses. I was able to re-create the issue standing beside him yesterday. He uses a NX5200. I could NOT re-create the issue when monitoring on a non-updated NX700, NX220, or NX1200.
Is there a setting in his 5200 that is ignoring the RAN that I'm overlooking? I have AUDIO CONTROL set to RAN.
I have his file pulled up and nothing jumps out at me as to why he could hear me despite the different RAN. I can't re-create on my NX5200, so I've been comparing the codeplugs and they are exactly the same from what I can see.
I want to make sure this is all %100 before I go and program the dispatch radio at 911.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Interesting statement, I will have to re read this when I'm back in the office. First thought was band enhanced conditions. The other would be he had monitor on.

jcefd10

Interesting statement, I will have to re read this when I'm back in the office. First thought was band enhanced conditions. The other would be he had monitor on.
After looking a little more into it again today, the EMS dir AND the county comissioner chair both heard the same thing. But ouf of everyone in the county, they were the only 2 that I know of.
I'd be apt to go with one having monitor on, but fiind it hard to believe both randomly would. Both using the exact same radios. Nx5200K2. Only difference between theirs and mine is that mines a K3, so it's stumping me.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
where are you located, and would you be able to send me the codeplugs for review?

I know you are in GA by your information, but you are in my MR territory and know most of the shops in Georgia.
I along with my MR Tech support, can take a look and see if we notice something odd ball.

evans@rrt2way.com

jcefd10

Well, you deal with me often lol. I’m Jayson, the one always wanting DMR licenses 😂😂 I’m definitely in GA.

Man you ain’t going to believe this. 10 minutes ago before training I asked them to run through everything they typically do with their radios on a day to day basis.

One of those things is to ENABLE MONITOR… For whatever the ##^^!?+@!? reason!
I’d have never ever guessed until I got to put my hands on them each today.

I now know what key assignment is being taken out of the codeplug when I reprogram everything.

Heeeeeres your sign….