NXDN scanners next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

Like maybe people I love listening to the railroads, it's somet hing different. For the l ast few months we have seen NXDN seep into the railroad railyard even some of the police. I'm starting to wonder if there'll be a push to make NXDN scanners? I know Kenwood would need to release the protocols and the scanner manufacturers need to develop the t echnology. However wil l it be the next trunking?

jfhtm350

All Kenwood would have to do is change the protocol a little and call it NXDN II, then patent it, and sell it as an upgraded version of NXDN and your back in the dark because the scanner wont know how to decode it. They always have to have something new in the market or a competitor takes the cake because they may have newer technology. This one claims to be better than that one and that one claims to be better than this one. That's always been the way of the electronics market and always will be. As popular as NXDN is, Im sure there will be a scanner that will decode it. Its just a matter of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.