NXDN support for 436/536 - is it coming or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Tomorrow if I can get the rest of the stuff ready. Just hit the office. Note that this will trunk track, not just conventionally scan.

$30 intro (no support, yet, in Sentinel, so only manually programmed and be careful not to overwrite or erase the FL in the scanner or you'll have to do it again). Once Sentinel support is completed, price will go up.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Tomorrow if I can get the rest of the stuff ready. Just hit the office. Note that this will trunk track, not just conventionally scan.

$30 intro (no support, yet, in Sentinel, so only manually programmed and be careful not to overwrite or erase the FL in the scanner or you'll have to do it again). Once Sentinel support is completed, price will go up.

Awesome, looking forward to this.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Will putting in all the known frequencies be necessary or will it trunk track off the control channel? Supports 3.125 kHz frequencies?

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Will putting in all the known frequencies be necessary or will it trunk track off the control channel? Supports 3.125 kHz frequencies?
You will need to program all frequencies and LCN to properly Trunk Track. The LCN would be the Channel ID listed in RRDB for the Site. If no Channel ID is available, you can use LCN Finder or DSD+.

iggywfd

Would it be wise to purchase the $30 unsuported download now or wait until the price rises with the sentinel support version? I like a discount but dont like screwing up my scanner and having to reprogram it when I could have waited a short time to do it right.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You will need to program all frequencies and LCN to properly Trunk Track. The LCN would be the Channel ID listed in RRDB for the Site. If no Channel ID is available, you can use LCN Finder or DSD+.

Thanks...will we be able to enter known 3.125 kHz frequencies? 472.59375 for example.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Would it be wise to purchase the $30 unsuported download now or wait until the price rises with the sentinel support version? I like a discount but dont like screwing up my scanner and having to reprogram it when I could have waited a short time to do it right.

Buy the key now. It will still work once Sentinel support is added and the price goes up.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

I will...hoping maybe ProScan or ARC comes out with a version.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
ProScan has already indicated that SDS100 support will be added, which will include NXDN. So I would expect NXDN support would be added to ProScan for the x36 scanners too.

AlphaFive

NXDN

I have kept my big monkey mouth shut for this entire NXDN episode. I was a skeptic, and since I had nothing hopeful to add, I kept quiet. I did not think this would occur, and certainly not as quick as it did. In the immortal words of Cotton Hill, "I WAS DING DANG WRONG". Nice work there Uniden.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Yes. I have a Site that uses 3.125 KHz spacing with a frequency of 463.45625 MHz.

463.45625 is a 6.25 kHz offset. In the Midwest, there is a multi-state NXDN trunked system (Diga-Talk) that has some channels centered on 3.125 kHz offsets (six digits to the right of the decimal point when not rounded off - i.e. .xxx125, .xxx375,. xxx625 and .xxx875). It will be interesting to see if the x36 scanners and the SDS100 are able to successfully accept these splits - and if not, if they will still be able to track those freqs/channels correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.