Nxdn update

Status
Not open for further replies.

njmeatball

I bought the nxdn update just to scan the Trenton police dept. Download load was successful but, not picking anything up on it. PLEASE HELP!! Ive been waiting YEARS for this! I have the uniden bcd536hp. Trenton N.J. This scanner is WAY to complicated! Hope its just something im just missing. Again PLEASE HELP!! Thank u

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have to update the firmware, then purchase and enter the upgrade key to activate NXDN.

Sentinel does not yet support NXDN, so how did you download the system?

W5RGP

Also zip code programming does not enable any nxdn sites yet either because they are not in the sentinel database

All nxdn has to be entered manually or with proscan until sentinel is updated in the coming weeks or months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frazpo

I bought the nxdn update just to scan the Trenton police dept. Download load was successful but, not picking anything up on it. PLEASE HELP!! Ive been waiting YEARS for this! I have the uniden bcd536hp. Trenton N.J. This scanner is WAY to complicated! Hope its just something im just missing. Again PLEASE HELP!! Thank u

What have you done as far as programming goes? Have you created a system with the frequencies in the database? I noticed it is a trunked system which means you will need the LCN for each frequency. Did you do this?

njmeatball

Don't know how to program. Manual doesn't explain ANY OF THIS! Is there a video or something to watch to get a hold on this? Thought this scanner was supposed to be easy to use,it's difficult as ****! PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN! Thank you

K9JLR

I just scan the master HPDB for the 536HP in the car, with GPS enabled. I was able to monitor two county sheriff's offices yesterday, both of which are now fully NXDN, just off of last week's HPDB update.

troymail

Silent Key
I just scan the master HPDB for the 536HP in the car, with GPS enabled. I was able to monitor two county sheriff's offices yesterday, both of which are now fully NXDN, just off of last week's HPDB update.

They are probably conventional channels -- conventional NXDN channels have been in the database for a while and if you now have the NXDN update, they'll (mostly) decode vs. just sound like noise.

Trunk NXDN systems aren't in the database (yet) and must be manually programmed via the radio keypad (for the most part).

K9JLR

They are probably conventional channels -- conventional NXDN channels have been in the database for a while and if you now have the NXDN update, they'll (mostly) decode vs. just sound like noise.

Trunk NXDN systems aren't in the database (yet) and must be manually programmed via the radio keypad (for the most part).

They are conventional VHF NXDN systems. It decoded everything fine, except, of course, for one of the county's that has encryption on the mobile side only. There is some initial data noise for a few seconds before it begins decoding the audio.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Check your digital wait time setting. Sounds like you have it too short and its digifuzzing so to speak before you hear the decoded audio. Try setting it to at least 400 ms.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber

It is going to take some effort and software to program properly, the stuff in the database looks like its updated for it to work correctly for Trenton

You will need either Proscan or ARC536 Pro and it will make your life a lot easier as you can download what you need from the database

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Check your digital wait time setting. Sounds like you have it too short and its digifuzzing so to speak before you hear the decoded audio. Try setting it to at least 400 ms.

No. That will cut off the first 400ms of EVERY transmission.

Set the audio type to digital search, or better yet to the actual RAN code. That will force the scanner to treat all transmissions as digital.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I vote ProScan. One program version does almost every model of Uniden scanner, instead of a separate version for every model family. And its logging and remote control options are the best.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I vote ProScan. One program version does almost every model of Uniden scanner, instead of a separate version for every model family. And its logging and remote control options are the best.
ProScan vote here as well.

Also, ProScan @ $50 registration cost is less expensive than ARC536 Pro, if logging, recording, and virtual control is important to you. ARC536 Basic @ $39.95 will do programming only. To get logging and the other extended features, you'd have to select ARC536 Pro version, which is $69.95. ProScan includes all of that, plus, as Jon noted, supports multiple other scanners, with a cost of $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.