NXDN Upgrade for BCD436HP and BCD536HP Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Upgrade done now to play.
7f0d4d6698ccba7b52a993c9eea70fef.jpg

Sent in a complex code of 0s and 1s, using Tapatalk

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Quick question.

How does the NXDN LCN work? Does it go by channel number?

The CC directs the voice channels to channel 286, 76 etc. I’m guessing those channel numbers have to be set in the radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W5RGP

Purchased keys for all radios even though i wont see the 536 for about a month but worth doing it now to save some $$'s

racingfan360

UPMan - can you confirm NXDN4800 and NXDN9600 decoding expected of this firmware upgrade please?

Initial testing with indicates proper decoding of Conventional NXDN9600, with correct RAN, GID and UID. However NXDN4800 just comes through as before (white noise). Tried it (unsuccessfully) on x2 BCD436HP's now, with a Kenwood NX Portable.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
UPMan - can you confirm NXDN4800 and NXDN9600 decoding expected of this firmware upgrade please?

Initial testing with indicates proper decoding of Conventional NXDN9600, with correct RAN, GID and UID. However NXDN4800 just comes through as before (white noise). Tried it (unsuccessfully) on x2 BCD436HP's now, with a Kenwood NX Portable.

im decoding NXDN4800 just fine, it does sometimes give some digital before decode

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
This should also lay to rest the speculation that Uniden is going to abandon the 436 & 536.

racingfan360

im decoding NXDN4800 just fine, it does sometimes give some digital before decode

Thanks Jason. Conventional or Trunked please. Also is it mobile/simplex, or base/repeater please.
The issue I have is with conventional simplex (haven't tried repeater yet). Note I too get the digital wait time digi noise on NXDN9600.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jason. Conventional or Trunked please. Also is it mobile/simplex, or base/repeater please.
The issue I have is with conventional simplex (haven't tried repeater yet). Note I too get the digital wait time digi noise on NXDN9600.

Right now I just plugged in a frequency it’s showing as mobile

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it goes by channel. There is no standard channel plan, so you have to know the channel number and the frequency. There's a thread on how to figure that all out in the "Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software" forum.

I don't know if you need the RAN or not, since I haven't bought the key yet.

The nice thing about NXDN is that many systems transmit the unit Alias so you don't have to guess who the users are.

I'm looking forward to this upgrade.

Quick question.

How does the NXDN LCN work? Does it go by channel number?

The CC directs the voice channels to channel 286, 76 etc. I’m guessing those channel numbers have to be set in the radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
Should I be seeing the Aliases that are transmitted on a trunked NXDN system? i know that they are there as I am following the same conversations on DSDPlus.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.