NXDN Upgrade for BCD436HP and BCD536HP Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Working great on normal 4800 and 9600 systems!
Audio sounds great!!!
One problem though is it dosent appear to do true 3.125 channel centers which can be a problem inweek signal areas.
There is a prominent kenwood radio shop in town that loves using 3.125 above or below the 12.5 licenced channel center.
Thanks again Paul (UPman) for not leaving us x36rs in the dust on nxdn.
Even though my 436 is complete Im still going to get the SDS hopefully with next years tax return.

KA2ZEY

Is the Uniden site down? I'm trying to access the key for NXDN but the link doesn't work and Uniden.com doesn't work either.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Quick question.

How does the NXDN LCN work? Does it go by channel number?

The CC directs the voice channels to channel 286, 76 etc. I’m guessing those channel numbers have to be set in the radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told that, unlike with Motorola systems, there is no set channel map for NXDN trunked systems, and that it's up to each system owner/operator to develop their own. I guess I'd start with finding the control channel for the site you want to listen to. I use the combination of SDR# and DSD+ to listen to the control channel and determine the channel numbers active at that site using the DSD+ channel activity window. Next I'd see if I can find a license for the control channel and note other freqs covered by that license. If you have a second radio available, listen to those additional freqs one at a time and see if you can match the NXDN transmissions with the activity in the DSD+ Channel Activity window. Do this for each frequency on the license. Of course site frequencies might be covered by more than one license. Site freqs might even be covered by a market license in the 454.0-455.0 MHz range. Also keep in mind the NXDN LCN finder tool if you are unable to match freqs with system channel numbers.

Hope this helps at least a little...

vocoder

nxdn working good here.

Many thanks again Paul and the Uniden team for the fast service and continued support of their customers! I know all this must be overwhelming for your health Paul. They owe you some well deserved vacation time and may your health continue to improve sir!

Last edited:

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've been told that, unlike with Motorola systems, there is no set channel map for NXDN trunked systems, and that it's up to each system owner/operator to develop their own. I guess I'd start with finding the control channel for the site you want to listen to. I use the combination of SDR# and DSD+ to listen to the control channel and determine the channel numbers active at that site using the DSD+ channel activity window. Next I'd see if I can find a license for the control channel and note other freqs covered by that license. If you have a second radio available, listen to those additional freqs one at a time and see if you can match the NXDN transmissions with the activity in the DSD+ Channel Activity window. Do this for each frequency on the license. Of course site frequencies might be covered by more than one license. Site freqs might even be covered by a market license in the 454.0-455.0 MHz range. Also keep in mind the NXDN LCN finder tool if you are unable to match freqs with system channel numbers.

Hope this helps at least a little...

Yeap. I just did a discovery and let it find the LCNs. I looked at the favorites list via notepad and it does use the "channel numbers." (Even though I was sure that this was how it was going to have to work since that is the only indication of the channel to steer the subscriber radios to.)

frazpo

Working great on normal 4800 and 9600 systems!
Audio sounds great!!!
One problem though is it dosent appear to do true 3.125 channel centers which can be a problem inweek signal areas.
There is a prominent kenwood radio shop in town that loves using 3.125 above or below the 12.5 licenced channel center.
Thanks again Paul (UPman) for not leaving us x36rs in the dust on nxdn.
Even though my 436 is complete Im still going to get the SDS hopefully with next years tax return.

How you guys getting NXDN? I thought the key purchase wasn't until tomorrow??

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
My.uniden.com seems to be either over ran or offline.... glad i already got my nxdn key.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Everyone arrived home from work and crashed it. Glad I got mine...and working as expected....monitoring a NX9 trunk and single frequency system.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
My.uniden.com seems to be either over ran or offline.... glad i already got my nxdn key.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Only the purchase new key portion is off. The main part and view your products is working.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
You guys must be mistaken. According to other threads in this forum, everyone is getting rid of the 436s and 536s in anticipation of the SDS100. Nobody would be updating a radio they're not keeping.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.