NXDN voice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring a local NXDN business system. The frequency is 451.9125. On the DSD plus screen, the black screen it shows NXDN48. When a call comes in, the audio is nice and clear but it has a little bit of that "motorboat" sound coming in along with the voice. Is that normal or do I need to adjust something?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Yeah, some NXDN48 channels have that burst that occurs every 60 seconds or so. Its kind of annoying to listen to, but its nice if your in exploration mode, that way you at least know there is an NXDN channel there. Not all NXDN have it though. You might be able to disable it if you disable monitoring 'source audio' in the input menu drop down. Not sure if that's a digital motorboat or an analog one.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, some NXDN48 channels have that burst that occurs every 60 seconds or so. Its kind of annoying to listen to, but its nice if your in exploration mode, that way you at least know there is an NXDN channel there. Not all NXDN have it though. You might be able to disable it if you disable monitoring 'source audio' in the input menu drop down. Not sure if that's a digital motorboat or an analog one.
I am new to sdr so I will experiment. The only NXDN around here is a couple of uhf (400mhz, 935 mhz) business/ambulance companies. I just wanted to try to listen to them. But probably not worth spending the $75 for radio upgrade. DMR is scarce though and I havent been able to decode anything except control channel data. Not sure where DMR voice is.

slicerwizard

I have been monitoring a local NXDN business system. The frequency is 451.9125. On the DSD plus screen, the black screen it shows NXDN48. When a call comes in, the audio is nice and clear but it has a little bit of that "motorboat" sound coming in along with the voice. Is that normal or do I need to adjust something?
You have Source Audio Monitoring enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.