NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

sales

I'm going to take a slight different angle. At least I will try, the 536 has been out for a few years now. A very large number of people who are likely to purchase a 536, have already done so. I would guess that new units are not flying off of the shelves, as they may have been years ago.
No matter what tactic Uniden takes regarding NXDN. Their own sales are not likely to change in one direction or the other. People have already taken the dive and own their units, nothing will change that... What will change is this, if Uniden refuses to provide any guidance regarding what they plan, or do not plan to offer. They will only increase the sales for Whistler. By remaining MUM, they don't change their bottom line, but they give an adrenaline shot to Whistler.
I would like to think I am in the same boat as most on this forum. I bit on the 536, if Uniden would simply tell me they are making an effort, that just wonderful. I would easily wait. But that has not occurred. In two weeks I purchase my TRX 2. I will boost the sales of Whistler due to the actions of Uniden. And I must say, that is a crying shame, I love my 536, but I need my NXDN.

k3fs

Uniden announced the DMR release and took money for it, before there was even a beta release yet. They put out a beta for the people who paid as Whistler had announced they were releasing their DMR. So, they do announce things before it is ready for release. It was a few months later when Uniden made their public release.

Still waiting for the analysis features that were announced to be available soon after the release of the X36 line.

It has almost been a year since Whistler announced they would be releasing NXDN, and now approaching 5 months since they did release it for their radios. They likely had the most to lose by giving Uniden such advance notice of a planned release. Uniden looks to have conceded defeat or at the very least still licking their wounds.

SOFA_KING

Uniden is still having issues with DMR, so I suspect they wouldn't start another mode like NXDN until DMR is resolved. And perhaps they want to release a QUALITY NXDN product without major issues (speculation), and that would be good. Letting us know it's in the works wouldn't hurt a thing. Keep it simple, and don't play games. I'm sure most here would rather know it's in the works than not know anything. Whistler handles this beautifully. Why can't Uniden learn from that?

As far as "new model" speculation, I sure hope not. We invested a lot in these x36 models (so did Uniden), and I'm not going to throw all that away. I have NXDN on my TRX units, so I don't need to buy a new Uniden. They used to "nickle and dime" us with new little feature additions on new models, and I stopped buying. I'm not going to buy every new scanner. There has to be a good reason, such as major advancement (and quality), to get me to buy. Bragging rights is NOT one of them. I could care less about that. It's what the unit can do to enhance my search and monitoring operation that matters...not "flash" or "bling".

Hopefully they will do NXDN on the x36 line (Fusion and D-STAR would also be good). I would welcome the upgrade(s) (within reason), but won't buy another scanner from them to get it.

Phil

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Uniden is still having issues with DMR, so I suspect they wouldn't start another mode like NXDN until DMR is resolved. And perhaps they want to release a QUALITY NXDN product without major issues (speculation), and that would be good. Letting us know it's in the works wouldn't hurt a thing. Keep it simple, and don't play games. I'm sure most here would rather know it's in the works than not know anything. Whistler handles this beautifully. Why can't Uniden learn from that?

As far as "new model" speculation, I sure hope not. We invested a lot in these x36 models (so did Uniden), and I'm not going to throw all that away. I have NXDN on my TRX units, so I don't need to buy a new Uniden. They used to "nickle and dime" us with new little feature additions on new models, and I stopped buying. I'm not going to buy every new scanner. There has to be a good reason, such as major advancement (and quality), to get me to buy. Bragging rights is NOT one of them. I could care less about that. It's what the unit can do to enhance my search and monitoring operation that matters...not "flash" or "bling".

Hopefully they will do NXDN on the x36 line (Fusion and D-STAR would also be good). I would welcome the upgrade(s) (within reason), but won't buy another scanner from them to get it.

Phil

I agree with you.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Phil would you like to let me in on Uniden and DMR problems my 436 and 546's run circles around my TRX-1 and TRX-2 as they are only used to receive NXDN. Both of my Whistlers drop miss SKIP DMR and P25 both a 700Mhz P25 site 10 miles away not received until ATT is turned on. Both TRX's missing conventional NXDN traffic 20% of the time while my Kenwood NX5300 is talking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.