• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NY/NJ PA LCN order....Please Help Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

walterjz

Good day all!

I need some expert advice.....please be so kind as to offer your help to me with the correct LNC order for the NY/NJ Port Authority EDACS Trunking system. Please click on the following Radio Reference link for clarification for my description of my dilemma.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=408

The sys. freq.'s are listed as you can see at this link, but in a confusing LCN order. There are 4 different sites:
001 - Primary - freq.'s 01 thru 07
002- Holland Tunnel - freq.'s 01 and 02
003 - World Trade Center - freq.'s 01 thru 03
004 - JFK - freq.'s - 01 thru 03

There are duplicate 01, 02, 03, 04 LCN order numbers for the diff. frequencies listed. 4 freq.'s listed as 01, 4 as 02 and 3 as 03 with just 1 freq. listed for LCN 04, 05, 06 and 07.

If you look at the link you'll see what I mean. I hope!
Which correcet freq. order should be input into my scanner?
Should they be programmed in from left to right line by line (site by site), or in descending order, all 01's, 02's, 03's first then 04 thru 07?

I assume all sites mesh together, so just one bank of my scanner is used. I have the Pro-528 and will pick up a Pro-96 soon.

Thank you so much for your help!

Walter
Disabled USAF Vet.
walterjz2001@yahoo.com

xpawel15x

I wan't to know the same exact thing, do I have to use 4 different banks for each site or just one bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.