NY/NJ PA LCN order - Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

walterjz

Good day all!

I need some expert advice.....please be so kind as to offer your help to me with the correct LNC order for the NY/NJ Port Authority EDACS Trunking system. Please click on the following Radio Reference link for clarification for my description of my dilemma.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=408

The sys. freq.'s are listed as you can see at this link, but in a confusing LCN order. There are 4 different sites:
001 - Primary - freq.'s 01 thru 07
002- Holland Tunnel - freq.'s 01 and 02
003 - World Trade Center - freq.'s 01 thru 03
004 - JFK - freq.'s - 01 thru 03

There are duplicate 01, 02, 03, 04 LCN order numbers for the diff. frequencies listed. 4 freq.'s listed as 01, 4 as 02 and 3 as 03 with just 1 freq. listed for LCN 04, 05, 06 and 07.

If you look at the link you'll see what I mean. I hope!
Which correcet freq. order should be input into my scanner?
Should they be programmed in from left to right line by line (site by site), or in descending order, all 01's, 02's, 03's first then 04 thru 07?

I assume all sites mesh together, so just one bank of my scanner is used. I have the Pro-528 and will pick up a Pro-96 soon.

Thank you so much for your help!

Walter
Disabled USAF Vet.
walterjz2001@yahoo.com

moonies

lcn order of ny/nj port auth system

Use site 1 for the lcn order. I get the best results for this site. The control channel changes so be sure to enter ALL frequencies in the stated order.

walterjz

Only site 1?

I only input site 1 freq.'s into scanner?
Site 3's 02 freq. is in red (Pimary control channel).
Do I omit it as well as sites 2, 3, and 4?
I'm not sure I follow you, sorry.

Walter

xpawel15x

I just programmed the first site and getting hits.. I don't know if I should program the other sites in different banks or what ??

n2mdk

walterjz said:
I only input site 1 freq.'s into scanner?
Site 3's 02 freq. is in red (Pimary control channel).
Do I omit it as well as sites 2, 3, and 4?
I'm not sure I follow you, sorry.

Walter

It's an EDACS system all frequencies must be programmed in.
Since I no longer live in NYC I have a question for you, on the Primary site do all the TG come through that site. Since it's networked they can. Or does JFK only get carried on the JFK site, and so fourth.

SCANdal

Silent Key
It's the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ)

xpawel15x said:
I just programmed the first site and getting hits.. I don't know if I should program the other sites in different banks or what ??

Yes, you should - if you are interested in monitoring traffic on all four systems. You'll need to use four different banks, loading the appropriate logical channel number frequencies of each system into the appropriate channels in each bank, for example:

- LCN1 of Primary into channel 01 of bank one, LCN2 into channel 02...LCN7 into channel 07 of bank 1.

- LCN1 of Holland into channel 01 of bank 2 and LCN2 of Holland into channel 02 of bank 2.

- LCN1 of WTC into channel 01 of bank 3, LCN2 of WTC into channel 02 of bank 3, and LCN3 of WTC into channel 03 of bank 3...

I think you get the idea. Bottom line is, since you are limited to ten banks, you can not put more then 10 different EDACS systems into your PROs-96 or 97 (I'm not familair with the '83).

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.