NYC and Severe weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Hurricane season is around the corner and that means more severe weather coming. The potential for flooding, damaging winds and tropical weather is high this year. Seeing that I'm probably not going to be out volunteering like I did during sandy and Irene, I thought I can put up a list of PS frequencies that will be very useful and a good listen when severe weather strikes. This is only a list of divisions that cover the low lying areas also know as "ZONE A." Please feel free to add, edit or use this list.

BROOKLYN

Coney Island/Seagate/Brighton Beach/ Manhattan Beach.
PD 60-61
EMS BkS
FD BK
FD Fireground

Sunset Park/Redhook/Carrol Gardens/Gowanus/Cobble Hill
PD 72-76-78
EMS BkN & BkS (72 PCT)
FD BK
FD Fireground

Brooklyn Heights/DUMBO/Navy Yard/Downtown
PD 84-88
EMS BkN
FD BK
FD Fireground

Williamsburg/Greenpoint
PD 90-94
EMS BkN
FD BK
FD Fireground

QUEENS

Long Island City/Hunters Point/Partial Sunnyside
PD 108-114
EMS QnW
FD QNS
FD Fireground

Far Rockway/Seaside/Belle Harbor/Breezy Point/Partial Howard Beach
PD 100-101
PD 102-106 (Howard Beach)
EMS QnE
FD QNS
FD Fireground

THE BRONX

Throgs Neck/Edgewater/City Island/Classon Point
PD 43-45
EMS BxN
FD BX
FD Fireground

Partial Morris Heights/Partial Port Morris
PD 40-41 (Port Morris)
PD 46-48 (Morris Heights)
EMS BxS
FD BX
FD Fireground

STATEN ISLAND (Not familiar with Neighborhoods) All SI frequencies are in ZONE A
PD PBSI (120)
PD 122-123
EMS SI
FD SI
FD Fireground

MANHATTAN

TriBeCa/Wall Street/Two Bridges/Lower East Side
PD 1-5-7
EMS MnS
FD MN
FD Fireground

West Village/East Village/ABC City
PD 6-9
EMS MnS
FD MN
FD Fireground

Stuyvesant/MED City/Tudor/Beekman/Chelsea/Hell's Kitchen
PD 10-13
PD MTN-17-MTS (Partial 17 PCT)
EMS MnS
FD MN
FD Fireground

Clinton/Sutton/Lincoln Square
PD MTN-17-MTS
PD 20-CP-24
EMS MnC
FD MN
FD Fireground

Partial East Harlem
PD 19-23
EMS MnC
FD MN
FD Fireground

CITIWIDE

PD SOD
PD HWY
PD Citiwide 1, 2 & 3
FD Citiwide 1 & 2
EMS Citiwide 1 & 2
EMS tactical
Citiwide One Radio (BUFF)
Citiwide Radio (BUFF)
Hatzolah EMS (Volly Amb)
N2ROW NYC Skywarn 441.100
WA2ZLB NYC Skywarn 147.360

All PS frequencies are located in the RR NYC database
New York City, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Please feel free to use this.

Danny37

Other area scanner list

I welcome other areas to add their list on this thread. Westchester, Long Island, Northern Jersey, Southern CT, etc. Also it might be a good idea if a Mod can make this a sticky.

Skooter92,
That map is very useful it's great to print that out and keep it for reference in case power goes out or if Zone B or C has potential flooding.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget the DOITT UHF for FDNY Storm Ops. The RRV's and Event TG's will be very active along with 6B during a major storm.

Danny37

Don't forget the DOITT UHF for FDNY Storm Ops. The RRV's and Event TG's will be very active along with 6B during a major storm.

tbendick,

Yea def the Doitt system was very active, too bad my trunking scanner broke on me.

Can anybody confirm Redcross frequencies in NYC, I have 461.7625 & 466.7625.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
You will also want to add the 63,62,68,and 69 Pct's in Brooklyn as they are all along the water and are very prone to flooding during heavy rain storms. Also all the FD frequencies are good to listen to as well. Any area along the water line is good to listen to since they are the most prone to flooding and damage.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
HAZ-TAC

Danny37

You will also want to add the 63,62,68,and 69 Pct's in Brooklyn as they are all along the water and are very prone to flooding during heavy rain storms. Also all the FD frequencies are good to listen to as well. Any area along the water line is good to listen to since they are the most prone to flooding and damage.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
HAZ-TAC

Thanks Mike, Unfortunately I can't edit my post up above so I'll post continuous information as received.

BROOKLYN (Cont.) [ZONE B & C]

Bensonhurst/Bay Ridge/Dyker Heights/Fort Hamilton
PD 62-68
EMS BkS
FD BK
FD Fireground

Bergen Beach/Barren Island/Marine Park/Mill Basin/Flatlands/Canarsie
PD 63-69
EMS BkC
FD BK
FD Fireground

Last edited:

Danny37

Danny37

As far as skywarn goes can anyone put up a list of skywarn frequencies for the surrounding counties in the tri state area?

maalox

all you need is the sod freqs which will connect to other local preceints in case of severe weather, i keep the hp1 scanner on alert.. welcome danny happy scanning.

Danny37

all you need is the sod freqs which will connect to other local preceints in case of severe weather,

I agree SOD will be a primary frequency to monitor but sometimes it gets way overwhelmed, so switching over a division frequency will be much better. Also SOD doesn't cover fire calls so you'll need to tune into the FD frequencies.

gaburbano

Premium Subscriber
I agree SOD will be a primary frequency to monitor but sometimes it gets way overwhelmed, so switching over a division frequency will be much better. Also SOD doesn't cover fire calls so you'll need to tune into the FD frequencies.

Yes and no.

Police, Fire and EMS all have their own views of what is a priority and what gets dispatched first. Since in NYC 911 receives all the calls, (or most of them) there are delays in different agencies getting their respective calls.

In bad weather, if you want to hear all the action, a bank of freqs for your area of interest being scanned will get you the most action. SOD transmits all major calls in the city, however, most fires and fire based rescues are not transmitted or transmitted much later. Police based priorities are always dispatched first. So a report of an officer needing assistance whether its confirmed or not, takes precedence over major flooding etc.. Since Fire units outnumber police units, most firetrucks get to calls much faster than most police cars.

Either way, youre better off listening to several of the major freqs

george

Danny37

Yes and no.

Police, Fire and EMS all have their own views of what is a priority and what gets dispatched first. Since in NYC 911 receives all the calls, (or most of them) there are delays in different agencies getting their respective calls.

In bad weather, if you want to hear all the action, a bank of freqs for your area of interest being scanned will get you the most action. SOD transmits all major calls in the city, however, most fires and fire based rescues are not transmitted or transmitted much later. Police based priorities are always dispatched first. So a report of an officer needing assistance whether its confirmed or not, takes precedence over major flooding etc.. Since Fire units outnumber police units, most firetrucks get to calls much faster than most police cars.

Either way, youre better off listening to several of the major freqs

george

Yup that sounds about right, which is why I made the list up above. If something is happening where you are or near your better off listening to your area frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.