NYC Area TETRA Activity ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

Just did the firmware upgrade on the AOR DV1 to to expand Tetra capabilities. Did some initial peeking around here on the forums, but can anyone recommend any fairly active Tetra frequencies in use here in the NYC area. I am downtown Manhattan with a mag mount antenna pretty much at ground level, so looking for nearby/stronger signals to test the firmware with. Thanks much in advance.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Just did the firmware upgrade on the AOR DV1 to to expand Tetra capabilities. Did some initial peeking around here on the forums, but can anyone recommend any fairly active Tetra frequencies in use here in the NYC area. I am downtown Manhattan with a mag mount antenna pretty much at ground level, so looking for nearby/stronger signals to test the firmware with. Thanks much in advance.

NJ transit could be your first step.

They are using TETRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpvitale

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to hear more about radios capable of monitoring Tertra. Listening to NJT and Academy bus drivers taking about traffic in and out of NYC wound be very useful. I use Academy bus from time to time and their drivers are constantly giving each other traffic and rerouting reports and instructions due to heavy traffic.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to hear more about radios capable of monitoring Tertra. Listening to NJT and Academy bus drivers taking about traffic in and out of NYC wound be very useful. I use Academy bus from time to time and their drivers are constantly giving each other traffic and rerouting reports and instructions due to heavy traffic.

What i seem to be able to hear is each depot has its own talkgroup but there is also several talkgroup that resemble the old NJ Transit 800 SmartNet system when it was in operation. During rush hours I can hear many different talk groups giving traffic status but there seems to be no consistency on usage. I guess the drivers from each depot talk amongst themselves but there is not really a “primary” channel for all traffic status.

Ubbe

It's very easy to upgrade from Motorola SmartNet to Motorola Tetra as you can keep the configurations the same so everybody can continue to use the system the same way they've always been used to. Even the bugs and spelling errors from SmartNet have been imported into Motorola Tetra so that also the system admins will feel at home after the upgrade.

/Ubbe

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I was told that we cannot monitor New Jersey transit the scanner will not pick it up I do not live in the city but someone that lives in the city can they monitor it and please get back to me?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I was told that we cannot monitor New Jersey transit the scanner will not pick it up I do not live in the city but someone that lives in the city can they monitor it and please get back to me?

Not with a scanner, but using an SDR you can if it’s not encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.