NYC Crane Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crane collapsed onto building at 306 E 50 St in Manhattan, 4th alarm transmitted. One removed DOA from bldg. Also caused numerous MVA's with entrapment. Dont have any further at this time.

BTW: Where is the incident discussion sub forum for this state?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
TXFirefighter112 said:
BTW: Where is the incident discussion sub forum for this state?

Not all states have them, if something is newsworthy it'll get posted. The states with sub-forums seem to have a bunch of posts just because the forum is there.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Grog said:
Not all states have them, if something is newsworthy it'll get posted. The states with sub-forums seem to have a bunch of posts just because the forum is there.
We have a sub-forum for Utah Incidents and Breaking News because not everything that happens here is newsworthy to other states, but it is of some concern to us locals. The reason I am on your forum right now is to see if you had any more information about that crane falling than what was on our serious lacking local news stations.

Bad situation, that.

By the way, we simply asked our moderator for the added sub-forum.

My last update was that there were 4 DOA and 23 injured including 1 member of an unknown service (NYPD EMS or FDNY). 4 buildings were hit, 1 was totally destroyed. Went to 5 alarms.

As for my question about the sub forum, I realize that not all states have them. I just figured this state would have one since so much happens there.

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
qlajlu said:
We have a sub-forum for Utah Incidents and Breaking News because not everything that happens here is newsworthy to other states, but it is of some concern to us locals. The reason I am on your forum right now is to see if you had any more information about that crane falling than what was on our serious lacking local news stations.

Bad situation, that.

By the way, we simply asked our moderator for the added sub-forum.

Well I'm from NC first of all :cool: but as it seems to work in those states without a sub-forum, of something somewhat big occurs, it gets posted. Then again I would only post if it was something where I knew there were RR members who would have a chance to listen, not something that happens in the middle of nowhere where I'm not sure uf RR even has any regular members.

I never liked the whole sub-forum idea, but if people want to play amateur reporter I guess it's better that they spam a sub-forum then a real one. ;)

qlajlu

Silent Key
Grog said:
I never liked the whole sub-forum idea, but if people want to play amateur reporter I guess it's better that they spam a sub-forum then a real one.
Well, that was pretty cruel and it definitely put me in my place so please forgive me while I crawl back to my own state instead of playing with the big dawgs. Yeah, we all want to be news reporters, every one of us in the 13 states that has a separate forum for it. You can still come and visit us, if you don't mind going to the boonies, and check out our Trunking systems in the Database to see what we really do, especially the Utah Communications Agency Network (UCAN).

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
qlajlu said:
Well, that was pretty cruel and it definitely put me in my place so please forgive me while I crawl back to my own state instead of playing with the big dawgs. Yeah, we all want to be news reporters, every one of us in the 13 states that has a separate forum for it. You can still come and visit us, if you don't mind going to the boonies, and check out our Trunking systems in the Database to see what we really do, especially the Utah Communications Agency Network (UCAN).

Meow :lol:

You (like so many on RR) need to lighten up a little and not take everything personally. I have no idea who YOU are, never remember reading anything you've ever posted, and will go on without noticing you.

Seeing as how I don't care at all about all the states forums except NC and SC, I've never read about where ever you are from, but you know there are people on this site who are always posting everything they can think of, too bad they use the tavern (or whatever it's called this week).

Grog

Banned
qlajlu Got the PM, will stop in one day and stir things up for you :lol: Have a good night.... :cool:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I was in the city when this happened, but didn't have my scanner going. Too busy playing Joe Tourist on the Gray Line tour. Looking at the time frame on some of the pictures I took I now understand why the guide told us we were taking a detour.

We were near the UN on 1st Ave getting ready to head over to Central Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.