NYC DEP in Westchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

billarendt

What system does the DEP use in Westchester near the Kensico dam?? I listened to DOITT but only heard Hillview ( yonkers) and Shokan ( way upstate).. Are they on Goostown repeater system??

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
In a word....yes...also Goosetown has licensed some UHF stuff at various DEP stations....Repeater network is the license name........off hand i don't remember which ones.

billarendt

loaded all the Goosetown Freqs at Valhalla site... not much to hear from DEP... any other ideas would be appreciated,,

Bill

billarendt

I got Goosetiown's 6 valhalla ny freqs from the FCC database... have listened for 3 days and hear very little.. do you know the Freqs they use?? the only activity seems to be on 471.9125 but very little activity..

Thanks

Bill

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
SOme of those yagis might be for control of the pumps and monitors....all of the DEP vehicles i have seen have the tell tale UHF unity gain wideband antenna on them

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I can confirm that NYC DEP Police still use Goosetowns UHF Passport system. However, you will not hear traffic on their talkgroup (or a frequency assigned to the Valhalla site if passively scanning) unless a unit actually affiliates to that site and someone is talking. Passport doesn't pass traffic on a site unless a unit affiliates.

comspec

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Are all units in Westchester on this system for all DEP property?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I peaked awhile ago in the ones up here in Greene/Ulster.....UHF Motorolas CDM1550 LS as i recall.....One van had a complete list of users and there numbas.....Guy would part with it...i tried....I'll peek again.....But i do know the sites use a separate system for on site use At least that what a local radio guy told me. They reuse the same freq/repeater and change the tones...i found it at nf2g's site 453.6625 or 458.7625 try that..... This is one of there main sites for upstate notice whos name the license is in. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3060275 ALso licensed at Gilboa Dam and Downsville and Beerston

Last edited:

billarendt

DEP radio

I loaded all the Repeater Network LLC Freqs from the FCC ULS database... only 472.5 MHz has any activity that I can hear (mostly ashokan)... I tried to listen to the inputs ( I am close to Kensico) but no luck there either...still a mystery..

Bill

billarendt

DEP Kensico Freqs

I have listened more on the repeater LLC Freqs... the only ones with activity are 472.5 and 471.9125.... but no DEP police... just kensico calling Hillview with flow rates...

programmed the DOITT Freqs in Valhalla.. no luck...where are they hiding??

BEST

Bill

billarendt

DEP Kensico

Having listened for a few weeks, I hear DEP Kensico operational traffic but no PD... I do hear the Shokan PD on the Goosetown systems but not Kensico... Tried all suggestions on the forum but still no go...

any new ideas??

Tnx

Bill

billarendt

DEP PD at Kensico

Having listened for a month on all the FCC ULS licensed Freqs in the area, the PD at Kensico is not on any of them... including all DOITT and Goosetown ( Repeater llc) licensed freqs... Now thats really curious.. I am only a mile from Kensico so I should hear simplex as well as repeaters...

Has any one actually heard the DEP PD at Kensico??

Thanks

Bill

billarendt

NYC DEP PD in Westchester

Is it possible that the DEP PD cars in westchester are dispatched by Shokan ( upstate)?

On the Repeater LLC and Goosetown repeaters (at westchester community college in Valhalla) you only hear cars calling Shokan? Not Kensico..

Someone at DOITT or DEP must know....

Thanks
Bill

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
As far as i am told by the workers Most of there night monitoring goes on in Grahamsville....thats where most of there alarms are forwarded to....i cant monitor them here from the stamford tower do to a constant "blip" on that frequency....

billarendt

DEP in Westchester

Thanks for the info on Grahamville.. is that near Shokan?? I have put up with the Passport blips for several months and can hear most conversations on 472.5, 471.9125, 478.975 and a few others. Never hear the name Kensico.. is it possible they are on a different repeater?? simplex??

Thanks
\
\ Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.