NYC DOITT system Control Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOPPLERBOB

I got back from vacation and all of a sudden I do not receive the control channel for the DOITT system on any of the 15 frequencies. It was on 860.9375 for the longest time. As I manually step through the 15 channels, I can receive DOITT transmissions loud and clear, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with reception. The Pro-96 will also decode the talkgroup if you are manually stopped on a frequency and it is set in the MO (motorola) mode. The talkgroups are coming up on the display and everything, but no contorl channel data can be heard at my location on any of the 15 frequencies (except I get control channels from other systems on a couple of the freqs, but they do not belong to the DOITT system).
Is anyone receiving the Control Channel data now?
Bob
Milford,CT.,

madler

I had a similar problem last week. I normally scan in control channel only mode, and it seems they changed the usual control channel. I switched to scanning all of the channels, and programmed them in. Now I'm receiving DoITT again.

DOPPLERBOB

Hmmm. But I tried all of the 15 freqs of the system, and cannot receive it on any of them. But I get transmissions from the units on the system loud and clear. What freq are you getting the control channel on?
Thanks, Bob

maalox

DOPPLERBOB said:
Hmmm. But I tried all of the 15 freqs of the system, and cannot receive it on any of them. But I get transmissions from the units on the system loud and clear. What freq are you getting the control channel on?
Thanks, Bob
i entered in my 330t with 856 857 858 859-9375-860.9375 as control chan i am hearing everything now as i type this

maalox

madler said:
At the moment, I hear the control channel on 859.9375
enter the other 4 starting with 856.9375 858 859 8609375 if i am wrong i am sure scandal lol will correct me.

DOPPLERBOB

Thank you everyone for your replies. Here is what happened. As you all noticed, the control channel changed to 859.9375. That is one of the 4 freqs that is allocated to be a control channel. There are a maximum of 4 freqs that can be allocated to a Motorola trunked system. The reason why I was not hearing it was it was also the control channel for the East Hampton,NY (eastern Suffolk County) trunked system for the past few days, and I am much closer to them than I am NYC. Even with my 8 element beam pointed at NYC, the East Hampton signal out does the DOITT CC. I hope the DOITT system switches back to using the 860.9375 frequency, as it is not a part of the East Hampton system. That freq is shared with the Hartford, Ct system but they don't come in here strong enough to affect anything.
Bob
Milford, Ct.

maalox

DOPPLERBOB said:
Thank you everyone for your replies. Here is what happened. As you all noticed, the control channel changed to 859.9375. That is one of the 4 freqs that is allocated to be a control channel. There are a maximum of 4 freqs that can be allocated to a Motorola trunked system. The reason why I was not hearing it was it was also the control channel for the East Hampton,NY (eastern Suffolk County) trunked system for the past few days, and I am much closer to them than I am NYC. Even with my 8 element beam pointed at NYC, the East Hampton signal out does the DOITT CC. I hope the DOITT system switches back to using the 860.9375 frequency, as it is not a part of the East Hampton system. That freq is shared with the Hartford, Ct system but they don't come in here strong enough to affect anything.
Bob
Milford, Ct.
something is going on its quite scanning control channels today for dott

Status
Not open for further replies.