NYC DoITT Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

t13one12

I apologize if this was specifically discussed before but when I did a search nothing quite covered what I was looking for. From previous posts it appears that the "primary" DoITT system that is in use is the UHF Motorolla Type II system. I programmed this into my scanner and left only the FDNY talkgroups open and haven't heard much chatter. I know that this may be expected as it isn't their primary system right now but I wanted to ask about the various systems.

Can someone provide an overview/history of the sequence that these systems came online? Are there more than one in use right now (UHF vs. 800mhz)? If so, what is primarily heard on each system?

With the new 700mhz P25 system in "development", is there any public knowledge on what will be moved to that system in the future? Any dates/deadlines for this?

Again I apologize if some of this was provided previously. I tried to dig through the database and wiki and also did a few searches. I'm relatively new to the trunking world and certainly have not used any NYC trunking systems in the past.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The DoITT 800 System was the first of the 3 DoITT systems. I believe at one point, it was a Motorola Type I system, which then moved over to a Type II Hybrid, and eventually completely over to Type II.

The DoITT UHF system is relatively new, at least in the last few years. You will primarily hear Public Safety and Services on this system. I have no issues hearing the FDNY DARS Talk Groups from out in Eastern Nassau County. I believe they are trying to keep the miscellaneous services on the 800 System for now.

The new DoITT 700 System is about a year or so old. I haven't monitored it yet, but it might be interesting to put your BCD536HP (noticed your sig) on a system discovery setting and let it sit on the 700MHz DoITT system when you aren't using the radio for anything else. I've used my HP-1 in discovery mode to log audio from unknown unencrypted talk groups on the Nassau P25 system for the last few years and it is a great tool for monitoring a trunk system. I also use Pro96Com to generate computer logs and look at all the data.

t13one12

Appreciate the reply. More than happy to do my part and try to give back to the RR community. I've been a lurker for several years but now that I am no longer an active Vollie the only outlet for my interest is in scanning for now.

I think, dare I say "know", that I read that 2nd alarm FG comms are broadcast over the DoITT/DARS system. Would that be on the UHF or 800 system? I see FDNY talkgroups on both.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
It's usually tg 4896 (special events 6/DC Patch 6) on UHF but I think I've heard others, can't get into my ARC files right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.