NYC GMRS Repeater 462.675 coming back on the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auxscan

today at 2:45 pm. I heard radio testing and radio checks being done on this repeater. For a while this repeater was shut down do to unlicensed users and jammers jamming the air. I havent contacted the owner of the repeater as of yet but was just wondering if anyone knew if the repeater would be up and running again. I know that this repeater has great coverage in the Nyc metro area, its located on a skyscrapper in manhattan. It would be great if the repeater comes back, it was and always be one of the greatest GMRS repeaters in NYC.

auxscan

is the repeater open to all licensed GMRS operators to use or do you need to contact the owner? From what i've seen he's located somewhere in california.

hockeyshrink

He is an engineer for a major network and travels frequently. I don't think he hears what happens on that system, or he doesn't care. When I have heard him on it, he is cordial and appropriate, more than I can say for other users of that system. The system is being monitored by "official observers," so we will see what happens in the long run.

I heard the same guy blowing into the mic last weekend, but the machine has been up for a while. I occasionally hear unit numbers check in or go "in service," like a bunch of wackers.

I realize there is an "open repeater initiative" for GMRS, but as far as I know you still need permission from the owner to use any repeater in GMRS.

jaymatt1978

I know the owner personally and he's a really nice guy. If you want to ask him a question e-mail me privately and I'll pass the message along

SCANdal

Silent Key
I hope these OOs recommend an FCC crackdown on the jammers and not the licensed users

bez,

I'd rather not see that information released publically, due to the ongoing "challenges" that repeater is facing. Like '1978 mentioned above, if you'd like to come on the air, he'll more then happily relay a message to the repeater's owner who can then provide the information you seek directly.

SCANdal

hockeyshrink

It is now August of 2013 ,over 3 years since this thread was active. Over the last couple weeks, this KAG0353 repeater in NYC has been as vile and ridiculous as ever. It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the "footprint" of this system. Kevin Parrish has a phenomenal system in place in NYC. I am in Westchester and when this system is transmitting is shuts down the frequency. Problem is, it's controlled by a madman (i.e., "Bruce") who through his own stupidity attracts other morons to taunt him 24/7. Yesterday, Bruce was sitting on the key just shutting down the frequency, in essence being the "jammer" he constantly complains about.

Net-net, this has been going on for many years. If the FCC has no interest in policing the most powerful GMRS repeater in the largest market in the country, then why should anyone fear anything from the FCC when it comes to GMRS?

namhcor

This GMRS repeater is used by many of the same clowns I hear on the K2MAK 448.275 repeater. Same idiots and jammers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.