NYC Marathon DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I noticed something interesting with the OneVoice talkgroups. They seem to be "allocated" in blocks of 100,000, which given the total amount of talkgroups and radio IDs possible on the system, is not that big.

2000xx seems to be NYC users and 30xxxx seems to be around NYC (NJ, LI). Users are clustered toward the beginning of the block.

So Talkgroup 220001 would appear to be the start of a rental radio block. I suspect you will find Marathon talkgroups in the 2200xx range. I have also seen systems using radio ids in the same block numbers as the talkgroups. Radio Ids 220007 and 220009 seem to indicate this. You will likely find radios ids in the 220xxx range are also connected to the 2200xx talkgroups.

Sometimes systems put portables in a different radio id range, so 64000 to 65999 maybe portable radios.

73 Eric

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
There should be 4 talkgroups in use. Command, Logistics North, Logistics South, and Coursewide Medical.

These feed NYRR's communications into the Command Center along with NYPD, FDNY, and Ham Volunteers (the primary race day comms).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.