NYC Metro System Upstate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I recently programmed the Albany site into my G5. So far nada? Any suggestions? Is anyone hearing anything up in the Albany metro area on this system?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Probably not. Are you able to receive a control channel? Note that you'd likely have to be very close to the campus to pick anything up...it's almost certainly a low power site to cover just the immediate area.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Probably not. Are you able to receive a control channel? Note that you'd likely have to be very close to the campus to pick anything up...it's almost certainly a low power site to cover just the immediate area.
Do you mean the NYS Office Campus? Hmmm... Im not too far from there. Im not getting "out of range"and I actually can see like one bar of signal.
Thank you for your response. I enjoy your posts and expertise!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah sorry, the NYS campus where DHS and all that good stuff is located. If you can manage to get the G5 into a better spot to receive that control channel, or can get physically closer to the campus (without getting arrested for looking suspicious lol), I'd like to confirm that the site is actually still on the air.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah, I misread his "not getting OOR" statement, thought he said he was getting OOR but with one bar, hence my suggesting he find a spot with better reception.

In any event, I would be surprised if there were anything meaningful happening on that site.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
So Gtr 8000. I went up around both campuses and saw no bars and heard nothing. I’m going to re-check my programming. Im also going to check around on the 700 band To listen around. I hear what I think are control channels. Do a little more searching.
I think you are correct. Nothing there. Do you know if there’s anything on the 700 band that I can hear in these parts?

Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are no 700 MHz trunked systems in that part of the state, and nothing planned at this point. Not a whole lot of need for 700 when 800 is plentiful.

Here is a list of all 700 MHz (SY) trunked licenses in NYS:

There are a couple of 700 MHz (SG) conventional licenses in your area. Some for the nationwide 7CALL/7TAC interop channels, others for low power simplex channels.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
On the Metro P25 I get Site 1 clearly. Not much information on TG’s in DB. For example 9032 9048 P25. Sounds like LEO for passenger rail. One reference Suffolk County LEO already on scene, Locust Ave. To many locust aves in Suffolk to figure out.

Also unidentified 6031 6032

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
On the Metro P25 I get Site 1 clearly. Not much information on TG’s in DB. For example 9032 9048 P25. Sounds like LEO for passenger rail. One reference Suffolk County LEO already on scene, Locust Ave. To many locust aves in Suffolk to figure out.

Also unidentified 6031 6032
Those talkgroups are from the MRRS (MTA) system. They are linked, as explained in the database.

This system is linked with the Metropolitan Regional Radio System (MRRS); as such some talkgroups may be observed on both systems.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The MRRS system will also have a site in Albany. It's not clear if that site will have the 26E SysID like the rest of the MRRS, or is simply the Metro-25 26D site, as the two systems are linked via ISSI. May want to check the 700 band for a site with either SysID.

Status
Not open for further replies.