Nyc Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico8458

How many here from the City of New York? 5 Boroughs of NYC members shout out.

K2GMZ

Previously or currently residing? I lived in Queens for 32 years, but here in AZ for the past
8. Still listen to NYPD SOD and the FDNY feeds everyday here, along with the other stuff out here.

Steve-K2AUX
FORMER N2YGH

K2GMZ

Hey Charlie, how are you? Great frequency site you have there, glad to know someones on top of it. I changed the callsign because I never liked it, just didn't like the flow of it, one of those things. I listen to the SOD thru scanct.com, the SOD feed provides the following:

New York: NYPD & FDNY
EQUIPMENT: Radio Shack PRO-91 and a Vertical corner reflector beam.
• 470.8375 MHz - NYPD SOD Special Ops/ESU
• 476.5875 MHz - NYPD 17th Precinct, Midtown North & Midtown South *
• 470.7125 MHz - NYPD Citywide 2
• 154.4300 MHz - FDNY Citywide

It can be a little noisy at times but I'll take what I can get, like frozen White Castles,(you would never think you would miss those things!) but next week when in town its real SOD and Belly Bombers, extra pickles and ketchup... If I can I'll check into the scanner net.

Whats with the NYC-ARECS, did this replace ARES? Radio and politics? never heard of it :)

73, and hopefully talk to you next week

Steve Isoldi - K2AUX

K2GMZ

Thanks Charlie, Would you know of any feeds from the NYC area (beside bravest.com) you could pass along?

Steve-K2AUX

Brooklyn, confines of the 69 Precinct

I have a RS PRO-95 with an 800 Mhz antenna & monitor everything from NYPD to FDNY, from NYC Corrections to PAPD. I cover it all!!

davidd2957

n2ygh said:
Thanks Charlie, Would you know of any feeds from the NYC area (beside bravest.com) you could pass along?

Steve-K2AUX
You can try "www.scannerfeeds.us" for a few NYC live feeds and also
"www.incidentbroadcast.com" which uses TeamSpeak to broadcast a few NYC feeds.
Hope this helps...
David D.

n2nov

"Thanks Charlie, Would you know of any feeds from the NYC area (beside bravest.com) you could pass along?"

I just got a link for SOD again on my website courtesy of ScanCT.com

K2GMZ

Hey Charlie,

Your giving me back the SOD link after I gave it to you? Funny guy!

Steve - K2AUX

Last edited:

brianfoy

Hey all figured I would chime in,

Name here is Brian and I'm currently uptown in the Bronx (Parkchester Area). Listening in using a few Uniden's (BC246T, BCR330T, BCD396T, BCD996T) a couple of Radio Shack's (PRO-95, PRO-96) and an ICOM (R75). I listen to most anything and find a good majority of it interesting. I keep a close ear on my local public safety, local NYPD and of course the citywide's. Though I don't check in ever (sorry Charlie), I do listen in regularly to the weekly NYDXA scanner net on wed nights. As some of you may already know, in my spare time I work on the Scannerbase Advanced Virtual Control series of software which I release for free to scanning community.

Brian.

Rico8458

roger that sir. i am up on the Bronx every weekend, and i get all the good frequencies... my BC246T is great.

davidd2957

Born and raised in the Lower East Side, currently living in Suffolk County, Long Island
(2nd Pct.) But working in Mid Manhattan now for 20 years.

David D.

Status
Not open for further replies.