NYCOMCO EDACS Dutchess question

Status
Not open for further replies.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, a quick question for Dutchess County listeners on the NYCOMCO EDACS system. I've got sites 1, 4, and 5 programmed in my PSR, and I get all the nice stuff that's only on there (Poughkeepsie Town and City, Kingston City, Hyde Park, etc), but I haven't heard anything on TGIDs 447, 453, 455, or 457- DC Sheriff for the first three and DC 911 Polling for the last. Are these talkgroups not simulcasts of the VHF frequencies? If not, does anybody know the general conditions under which they are used? Backups perhaps? I wouldn't be bothered if I got perfect service everywhere, but sometimes I can hear EDACS fine when VHF is all fuzzy due to my location, and it's nice to know what I can rely on for which stations. Thanks, I appreciate the clarification!

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The only thing you will hear on DCSO's TGID's are the supervisors and the deputies that are assigned to the County Office Building and Department of Social services and the reason for that is for interoperability with the city of poughkeeosie

Status
Not open for further replies.