Nye County Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe777

I know its hard to find a list with the base frequencies and talk groups, ive looked all over for a good list, I even have a couple friends working at the Fire Station in pahrump, and nothing.

TOUGHLIFE

Nye County Trunking

As rural as Nye County is they really don't need an expensive trunking system. Remote bases and linked repeaters when appropriate work very well in a county like theirs.

SCPD

QRT
I thought the same thing, but then wondered if the reason they are doing it is so their deputies and other county employees don't have to know what repeater to select as they travel around the county. Nye is a bit larger than average and encompasses quite a bit of territory especially on a north south basis. I'm assuming that it will be a smart zone type system when I say that.

TOUGHLIFE

Nye County

Nye County has only a small number of mountaintops where repeaters are set up and they are for the most part very high in altitude. I suspect some high priced radio manufacturer salesperson sold them a bill of goods that they really do not need. After all it is the taxpayer that must foot the bill and government often does not care one bit about you and I, taxpayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.