NYPD 10-13 Audio 2/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

I watched that video when it was uploaded as I'm subscribed to that channel. One of the good central dispatchers I've heard. I really wish the dispatchers could identify a unit by their MDC like how EMS has it setup. I know when they introduced the New CAD E911 system a few years back they were supposed to intergrate GPS into the RMP's so it shows up in the dispatchers screen but I guess it never went through.

ff026

Feed Provider
The GPS is in every RMP. The application is available on every desktop and iPhone. It’s available to every UMOS,It’s a completely different application then the CAD system.

Danny37

The GPS is in every RMP. The application is available on every desktop and iPhone. It’s available to every UMOS,It’s a completely different application then the CAD system.

But is it linked to the ICAD system? I was told it wasn't, so dispatchers have no clue where the units are.

SCPD

QRT
So they have mdc in use yet cannot account for in a cad system who is using that assigned unit or at least what division or shift at the least?

Danny37

So they have mdc in use yet cannot account for in a cad system who is using that assigned unit or at least what division or shift at the least?

From what I understand the MDC has no purpose other then "time checks" when cops are being naughty over the air and a supervisor wants to know who it is. The radios are assigned to each officer if I stand corrected so the radio shop knows who the radio is assigned to but the central dispatchers have no clue. The mdc muting is done at compactor.

ff026

Feed Provider
The radios are assigned by the command. The command gets a group of radios. It’s the Precint ICO’s job to assign the radios.

Central does not have access to DAS lite. Most Precint desk officer have DAS lite running at the desk to see jobs and keep an eye on things. No one really uses the iCAD since DAS lite was launched.

Danny37

The radios are assigned by the command. The command gets a group of radios. It’s the Precint ICO’s job to assign the radios.

Central does not have access to DAS lite. Most Precint desk officer have DAS lite running at the desk to see jobs and keep an eye on things. No one really uses the iCAD since DAS lite was launched.

I wasn't aware of that, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.