NYPD 700 mhz P25 System no longer in database

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

I just noticed that the above mentioned system is no longer in the database under systems in the county of NY. Anyone know what the status is? TIA TT.

trumpetman

Database Admin
It's always been policy, per the handbook, section 6.3.2. The system is in staging. I imagine since the system is so elusive and such little data has surfaced, it went into staging until information can be verified and populated. Systems in staging can only be viewed by admins, it's nothing negative, just helps with the house-keeping of new systems.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
When did RR institute a policy of hiding data from public view?

Jay, as a former DB Admin, you shouldn't have to ask that question. But since you did decide to come in here just to stir the pot, let me rephrase my original post so that it's crystal clear:

The system is currently in "Staging", which means it is not publicly viewable, yet it remains in the database.

It's really not a big deal. If you want to see the system that badly, here is the direct link:

New York City Police Department (NYPD) Project 25 System Trunking System, New York, New York - Scanner Frequencies

Notice that there's hardly any info. Why? Because a few overzealous listeners were mistaking NJ's new 700 MHz P25 system for what they thought was a new NYPD system. So to avoid any further confusion, the NYPD system was "hidden".

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

Closing this to prevent further comment; the subject system never existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.