Nypd and lapd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbekhor

is there a way to hear nypd on my pro-106 here in los angeles. I know i sound crazy but since technology is so advanced now a days i was hoping there is a frequency that can be programmed to rebroadcast nypd or do something so i can hear them on the go and not need to use my blackberry or itouch.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

There is, but it would involve getting a feed from online, broadcasting that feed on a frequency, then listening to that broadcast on your scanner.

Overall, it is much easier to just listen with a phone app.

W2NJS

Technical considerations aside, what frequency out of the several hundred in regular UHF use would you like to listen to? NYPD has hundreds of active channels and for someone to stream, say, the frequency for the 4th and 13th precincts in Manhattan would be waste of everyone's time.

W2PMX

And no matter how much technology advances, UHF signals don't travel 3,000 miles on the surface of a planet that's 8,000 miles in diameter. Technology can't change physics.

mrbekhor

I would love to listen to special ops division. I know it isnt possible but i was hoping with all advances in the world id be able to. Thanks All

W2PMX

Not possible on a Radio Reference feed (it would violate the RR rules), but someone on the internet might have a feed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.