NYPD Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
NYC Experts,

I will be travelling up to the city in a few weeks and wanted to know which frequency the aviation unit operates off of. I have all the freqs from the RR but did not see anything specific to aviation. Do they just operate off the citywide freq?

Thanks in advance!
David

usnasa

here you go

SOD/Aviation Company Channel
123.100 AM

SOD/AviationAlternate Channel
123.075 AM

SOD/Aviation Alternate Channel
123.050 AM

Scanner-geek

Most aviation related calls will be put out on SOD. Aviation will then often switch to the division frequency to which they are responding. The air band freqs are company channels and the chatter is usually uninteresting (in my opinion). If you find yourself near an incident, try TAC G which is the SOD tac channel. Aviation often uses this to communicate with units on the ground. It is simplex and short range but you can more easily get the helicopters because of their elevation. Tac G can be very interesting listening. SOD is where the money is.

Happy scanning

Scannergeek

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all for the information! That is very helpful.
David

scannersnstuff

just a little trick.if you don't want to listen to the constant traffic on 470.8375,just input 473.8375 into your receiver.the helo's can be heard inputing the repeater at considerable distance's due to their flight level.if you hear rumbling's of a job just switch over to 470.8375 and catch all the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.