NYPD Broadcastify feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Hi all,

I am building out an NYPD feed for Broadcastify. I live in between the 25/28/32 and the 26/30.

I am trying to get some input from anyone who'd be interested in listening what you'd like to hear? The 25/28/32 is probably the most exciting precinct in my opinion, I hear all the great action on the weekends on that channel. I can get further downtown but not as great reception.

Let me know what you'd all be interested in hearing?
I can scan the channels too on my CDM1550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I am trying to get some input from anyone who'd be interested in listening what you'd like to hear? The 25/28/32 is probably the most exciting precinct in my opinion, I hear all the great action on the weekends on that channel. I can get further downtown but not as great reception.

I would love to hear the 25/28/32 Chanel.

I think both would be great, but if you can only do one, i would prefer the 25/28/32 over the 26/30. I travel to NYC all the time and listen to the 25/28/32 all the time, a lot of exciting things happen on that Chanel, i love to listen to that Chanel and a broadcastdfly feed would be awesome.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I think I can do 25/28/32. I live at the top of the park where the 32 ends and the 26/30 begins.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
How about a floating stream? I can park it on the 25/28/32 and switch between precincts? I am not sure how everyone feels about that? As far as downtown and Staten Island, They come in choppy. It wouldn't be a reliable feed. I live way up in the 150's in Harlem and being sandwiched in between buildings, I am unsure what that would be like in terms of receiving? Everything else has shipped other than the radio. So i am trying to get in contact with the Ebay seller to see what's up. The radio is coming from Rocky Hill, Connecticut, So i am just waiting to hear something.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
How about 6,10 and 13 Pcts and Staten Island?

How about a floating stream? I can park it on the 25/28/32 and switch between precincts? I am not sure how everyone feels about that? As far as downtown and Staten Island, They come in choppy. It wouldn't be a reliable feed. I live way up in the 150's in Harlem and being sandwiched in between buildings, I am unsure what that would be like in terms of receiving? Everything else has shipped other than the radio. So i am trying to get in contact with the Ebay seller to see what's up. The radio is coming from Rocky Hill, Connecticut, So i am just waiting to hear something.

What kind of radio? Yea, I have tried to catch a downtown station from the Inwood area, it's choppy also so I don't think a downtown or staten island station would be effective. I would love the 25/28/32 station though.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I have a CDM1550LS hopefully on the way soon. It's paid for. But I think I'll do the 25/28/32 and maybe scan that with the 26/30 to cover east and west Harlem. I heard Randal holders last words on the 25 precinct the night he was shot and killed on the FDR over pass. I've heard some insane stuff on that channel.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
would love a dedicated feed that scans ALL NYPD Pct channels....
and another one that scans ALL NYPD Citywide channels....

If a feed was set up like that, how would you be able to tell witch channel is witch? I also try to get all the NYPD channels from one location and not all the channels come in clear. Like if I am in Harlem and I try to get the 105 in Queens, it can be spotty at best. Also, if you tried to do all the NYPD channels I think there might be some overlapping just because of how much traffic occurs on a certain NYPD channel.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
on alot of feeds, it shows what channel the scanner is stopped on... not sure how this works, but check it out... i am 35 miles away in jersey.. i can only hear a few PCTS, it would be nice to hear alot of the action from most of the boros

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
One of the issues when scanning too many channels, is when something juicy happens and the radio goes back into scan, and gets stuck on a channel with a stuck mic...

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
would love a dedicated feed that scans ALL NYPD Pct channels....
and another one that scans ALL NYPD Citywide channels....

The citywide feeds used to be on RR, but it was decided that the types of traffic on them were in conflict with the live audio TOS and they were removed. I can't remember if this thread was on the NY forum or live audio forum, but that was a few years ago. Searching would probably dig it up.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I listen to citywide all day on my radio. Anytime something interesting happens lately, they go to TAC G or TAC J and the only things relayed via CW 1 or CW 2 are for coordination and CW request.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I have a CDM1550LS hopefully on the way soon. It's paid for. But I think I'll do the 25/28/32 and maybe scan that with the 26/30 to cover east and west Harlem. I heard Randal holders last words on the 25 precinct the night he was shot and killed on the FDR over pass. I've heard some insane stuff on that channel.

100% the craziest NYPD Chanel i have listened too.

on alot of feeds, it shows what channel the scanner is stopped on... not sure how this works, but check it out... i am 35 miles away in jersey.. i can only hear a few PCTS, it would be nice to hear alot of the action from most of the boros

i am talking about the broadcastify mobile ap.. "scanner radio"

I have the broadcastify mobile app on IOS is just called "Broadcastify".
Ive been on brodcastifly for years and I've never seen a way to check out what channel the scanner is stopped on, i just hear audio and no way to tell witch Chanel is witch. Maybe I'm just blind as a bat.

One of the issues when scanning too many channels, is when something juicy happens and the radio goes back into scan, and gets stuck on a channel with a stuck mic...

I hate when this happens. Big pet peeve of mine. :/

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
100% the craziest NYPD Chanel i have listened too.

I have the broadcastify mobile app on IOS is just called "Broadcastify".
Ive been on brodcastifly for years and I've never seen a way to check out what channel the scanner is stopped on, i just hear audio and no way to tell witch Chanel is witch. Maybe I'm just blind as a bat.

IF the feed provider has a capable scanner and the proper software, they can sent text tags along with the feed. A compatible player or app can show the channel that the scanner is currently stopped on.

With the setup Priority-One is talking about, he won't be able to send tags.

I get requests all the time to add divisions to my feed, but if I feed all 25 division dispatch channels, it would be impossible to follow an incident. I like the idea of NYC feeds being like Priority-One is working on providing. But that's my personal choice, I think any city with more than 5-6 main dispatch channels for precincts, etc. should be separated into something coherent, like Area 1, Area 2, (or Pct., Div., whatever the city uses) etc., with a feed for each area of the city.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
IF the feed provider has a capable scanner and the proper software, they can sent text tags along with the feed. A compatible player or app can show the channel that the scanner is currently stopped on.

With the setup Priority-One is talking about, he won't be able to send tags.

I get requests all the time to add divisions to my feed, but if I feed all 25 division dispatch channels, it would be impossible to follow an incident. I like the idea of NYC feeds being like Priority-One is working on providing. But that's my personal choice, I think any city with more than 5-6 main dispatch channels for precincts, etc. should be separated into something coherent, like Area 1, Area 2, (or Pct., Div., whatever the city uses) etc., with a feed for each area of the city.

Ok thanks for the explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.