NYPD cars on hauler

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

Saw three nypd cars headed up 395 in CT the other day on a car carrier. Still were all lettered up and had lightbars. Any ideas? I would assume that they were bought and headed to their new owners.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Possibly cars to be used on a set. A while back New London, CT had about 20 NYPD cruisers, a few ambulances, Engines/Trucks rolling around the city during the filming of a show. It was a lot of fun watching them race around town.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
The NYPD does NOT sell used police cars with markings and lights still on them. They had to be movie cars.
Before the city releases any city vehicles they remove all city markings as well as emergency response systems from all vehicles. This is city policy to avoid any legal issues that might arise from any accidents or such.

Mike
FDNY/EMS Haz-Tac
Retired

msradell

The NYPD does NOT sell used police cars with markings and lights still on them. They had to be movie cars.
Before the city releases any city vehicles they remove all city markings as well as emergency response systems from all vehicles. This is city policy to avoid any legal issues that might arise from any accidents or such.

Mike
FDNY/EMS Haz-Tac
Retired
I've always heard the same thing and have never seen anything so by the city that still had any of the NYPD or FDNY markings on it until I saw this picture: FDNYtrucks.com (Oceanic H&L Co. 1) on another forum I read. It basically has all of the FDNY markings still intact, they just put a V in front of FDNY. This is certainly an unusual situation, not sure how it occurred.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
The volly rig had ever thing removed but the strips. If you look at a photo of the rig prior you can see its not the same font

lafd55

I've always heard the same thing and have never seen anything so by the city that still had any of the NYPD or FDNY markings on it until I saw this picture: FDNYtrucks.com (Oceanic H&L Co. 1) on another forum I read. It basically has all of the FDNY markings still intact, they just put a V in front of FDNY. This is certainly an unusual situation, not sure how it occurred.
That is TOTALLY not the same thing. Oceanic H&L is a volunteer fire department that operates within the city. Most likely the lights remained on the rig but every marking did not and Oceanic probably had the entire truck repainted. Another department within the city recently received an old FDNY engine for service, The Metropolitan Fire Association.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I was talking to someone from BEMS. They where filming something about NYPD in Boston. He had a pic posted of the two cars posted on his Instagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.