NYPD heading towards encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
WILL FD/EMS BE ENCRYPTED THIS YEAR----PD ALREADY TESTING RADIOS

NYPD is heading towards encryption

"PD already has 30,000 of the radios and is intending to shut off the analog system, Radio Zone by Radio Zone this year. nCV19 only interrupted their plan, so we have a little more time. The Press will be cut out too under this plan. "

a few thoughts are offered on the subject

there is a link to an article about a PD in the UK that aired a false report of UFOs landing in order to arrest 'illegal' scanner owners - Dec 1993 - UFO trap

K7MFC

WRAA720
I wonder if that person also believes they have the right, "as a tax payer", to other forms of encrypted communications, emails, phone calls, etc

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Im upset the pd's wont let me checkout a patrol car since my tax money paid for it. There have sweet 5.7 hemis! Whats the deal?

They should have went P25 clear long ago, it'd cut down on at least the baoturds leaving it up to hardcore determined losers who'd program xts3/5ks or whatever

"Suppose those cops in the Floyd Choke Hold Case had made a racial remark on the radio either just before going into action or during the event itself and no civilian or Press person could hear it in real time" Good lord almighty, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.