NYPD Preparing For Possible Civil Unrest This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

The NYPD, along with police departments across the nation, are preparing for possible civil unrest this weekend (Jan 27, 2023), following the announcement by the Memphis Tennessee Police Department that the tapes will be released of the alleged beating and death of Tyre Nichols folllowing a traffic stop in Memphis earlier this month.

For those not familiar with the case, reference can be found here in this article, which also outlines the preparation that the NYPD is taking in light of expected protest demonstrations here in NYC. This would be a good weekend to have a portable scanner handy if you are traveling.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
And I suspect somewhere in the Big Apple there'll be a "Cop City" (Atlanta) protest, too. They're cropping up everywhere including locally.

Danny37

I listened last night, the protests were peaceful from what I scanned. One guy got arrested for jumping on an rmp but the crowd stood back and the let the cops arrest him.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I was parked on CW-1 all weekend, Mostly NYPD blocked protestors from going to the West side highway. I heard a few detainments and otherwise the reports were groups of 200 or less coming from 14th st to times square and Columbus Circle.

Last edited:

N9EXR66

Senior Member OMIK
And now that justice is being served in the PROPER forum instead of radio reference, this thread can NOW be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.