NYPD Radio Setup Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

flborror

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone have or tell me where to find pictures of the inside of NYPD squads ? Mostly interested in the radio setups and types. But any pictures welcome.

Thank you

flborror

Premium Subscriber
the radio setup is that good in the city that they just use the small watt walkies WOW

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you from being in a command post that they have Yaesu mobiles

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Between 1.5 and 2.5 watts on output for portables. I believe that is what they’re set at. Most RMPs do indeed have the windows CAD tablets. Haven’t seen a mobile in an RMP in ages

ff026

Feed Provider
I said “command post”

Still wrong. It’s either vertex or Motorola the newer THV’s/Command Post’s have Vertex mobiles or Astro Spectra’s. Any vehicle that gets a new mobile radio installed are getting APX mobiles. The NYPD has never had Yaseu anything.

DaveFur

One reason among several for their high saturation of receivers is because their system is designed around low power portable radios. Given the high duty cycle of their dispatch frequencies low power portables can ensure the batteries last at least 9 hours.

BK87

They have hundreds of receivers all over the city that vote the best signal back to the dispatcher.
This is why I don’t understand how they’ll manage with fully encrypted radios in near future for signal reliability.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This is why I don’t understand how they’ll manage with fully encrypted radios in near future for signal reliability.
The receivers will pick up whatever signal is out there...analog, clear digital, encrypted digital...doesn't matter. NYPD had Motorola design a G-Series mixed mode (analog and P25) comparator a few years ago just for this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.