NYPD relocation of patrol borough frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Can someone tell me why I hear the 75 PCT on the PBBK frequency and the 46 PCT on PBBX? I'm hearing dispatchers assigning jobs on these frequencies instead of the usual ones.

I'm excluding PBSI from my question because the 120 PCT has been relocated since hurricane sandy, but these are relatively new.

one11sgt

Can someone tell me why I hear the 75 PCT on the PBBK frequency and the 46 PCT on PBBX? I'm hearing dispatchers assigning jobs on these frequencies instead of the usual ones.

I'm excluding PBSI from my question because the 120 PCT has been relocated since hurricane sandy, but these are relatively new.

With the new dispatching system, some of the dispatchers are overwhelmed and the calls in the busy divisions pile up. When that happen the division is split to have 1 precinct and one dispatcher on a frequency until they catch up, then they return to the normal operating frequency.

Danny37

With the new dispatching system, some of the dispatchers are overwhelmed and the calls in the busy divisions pile up. When that happen the division is split to have 1 precinct and one dispatcher on a frequency until they catch up, then they return to the normal operating frequency.

Do you know of any other relocations besides the 75 and 46? Couldn't really hear anything PBMN or PBQN.

one11sgt

They are not permanent and change on a daily basis as needed. Once the division is under control they return to normal operation.

Danny37

Ok that makes sense, I always assumed that the borowide freqs were car to car channels, so I'll put them down as back up channels for overwhelmed divisions.

ff026

Feed Provider
Central can come up on any channel excluding the "tac" point to point channels.

Danny37

Central can come up on any channel excluding the "tac" point to point channels.

Yea I never really heard central on boro frequencies besides Staten Island so this was new to me. I heard EMS on SOD the other day so that was first for me, sometimes I hear them over divisions but usually it's condition boss for crowd control or immediate help.

minasha

Staten island PBSI at 482.4125 has been used by the 120 pct since the hurricane? Why??
It's like 6 months ago, did they "take over this freq. for good?
Where has the surveillance traffic gone since the take over? or does staten island NOT need a full power
PB channel like the other 4 Boroughs have.

Danny37

Staten island PBSI at 482.4125 has been used by the 120 pct since the hurricane? Why??
It's like 6 months ago, did they "take over this freq. for good?
Where has the surveillance traffic gone since the take over? or does staten island NOT need a full power
PB channel like the other 4 Boroughs have.

Surveillance traffic is on the tac channels, but yea it's still going on as far as hurricane sandy. I think it's for the better the whole boro of staten on frequency was way too overwhelming if you ask me, as much as people discard SI not really being crime ridden it actually is and there's alot going on, that's why they are building a new precinct down there.

Also, I hope someone else can chime in but Staten Island has its own CW frequencies because of the terrain, RF going in and out are hard to listen to at times, hence why some people call it "static island."

ff026

Feed Provider
The staten is CW frequencies are multicast with the 470's citywide frequencies. Yes it is a propagation issue.

minasha

The surveillance activity on the tac freqs has always been flea power that's not what I mean,
I'm talking about the PBSI channel that used to have plenty of surveillance action on full repeater power.
Just like 470.9875 has in Brooklyn. Since Hurricane Sandy this is gone.

Danny37

Your saying they reduce the power? I honestly don't know much about SI, I'm in Queens and can hear PBSI from where I am. Are you sure your not in a bad location or maybe moved somewhere else? Sometimes you just need to find a hotspot in your home.

n2nov

The recent report is that the new fourth pct for SI will open in July of this year. We should see an adjustment to the pct & PBSI freqs to happen by then.

Danny37

The recent report is that the new fourth pct for SI will open in July of this year. We should see an adjustment to the pct & PBSI freqs to happen by then.

Wow that soon. If I remember correctly SI used to have two PBSI frequencies one "NORTH" and one "SOUTH" awhile back. Kinda like how the other boroughs had a North and south PB freq before they changed one of them to transit for each borough.

minasha

That's the new 121 precinct on Richmond ave near Forest ave.
The building looks like an aircraft carrier run aground !

Danny37

Um okay, how does this make any sense? It seems more ideal for them to be on the 120, but 3 pct sharing one frequency? I know that there's other frequencies that do this but one frequency for one pct. my knowledge on Staten Island isn't great, is the 120 really that busy? compared to the 75-73, 77-79 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.