NYPD Repeaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS1170

Are nypd SOD, Citywide, and Pct. frequencies on a repeater or are they strictly conventional..anyone know?

maalox

MS1170 said:
Are nypd SOD, Citywide, and Pct. frequencies on a repeater or are they strictly conventional..anyone know?
i would tell you. but dont worry our man scandall will be here to save the day. lol

Joseph11

I'm not exactally sure what you're asking. They're analog conventional repeaters. Not P25 or trunked.

maalox

Joseph11 said:
I'm not exactally sure what you're asking. They're analog conventional repeaters. Not P25 or trunked.
there is a few didgital freqs in nyc like home land security. 417.2

maalox

MS1170 said:
yes they are all reoeaters. and thy are coventional

MS1170

Sorry, I meant simplex or repeated..my bad...any idea where I can find out what the repeaters are?

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Umm no...bad MS1170...BAD...no Tx PL's for you...frankly you'd have to be stupid to Tx to the police. Listening is one thing, Tx'ing is a whole other ballgame.

And, btw, certain NYPD frequencies (such as Command and IAB) are encrypted/digital.

MS1170

Last time I checked I was allowed to talk on them..just sick of using what they hand out to us in order to do it

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Last time we checked, we have no idea who you are and who you work for, so we take the safe course in not handing out information that would be idiots have used to screw with radio systems.

If you are on the job, I would think that you would appreiacate this.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
MS1170, if you are on the job goto your radio shop and ask them for the information. I'm sure with good reason they might give it to you.

SCANdal

Silent Key
I wouldn't want anyone not to program it thinking that it would be useless

gatekeep said:
And, btw, certain NYPD frequencies (such as Command and IAB) are encrypted/digital.

gate,

Command is also used in unencrypted analog.

SCANdal

qwikster2

NYPD Radio

Listen. First of all it's not legal. But, all NYPD radios can hear a broadcast via the output freq using the correct PL tone. But then again, why.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Listen. First of all it's not legal. But, all NYPD radios can hear a broadcast via the output freq using the correct PL tone. But then again, why.

Huh?

Anyone can listen to any radio transmission legally. It IS illegal to disclosed the content of the converstations to a 3rd party who has not heard them, or to decrypt encypted communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.