nypd scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalman18

i live in levittown on long island, if i buy a digital scanner would i be able to get the nypd on it?

xpawel15x

All regular NYPD freqs are in the 470mhz range. You don't even need a digital scanner to pick them up. Any scanner will pick it up.

bkantor

Nypd

I also live on Long Island (Bay Shore) - although I love my digital scanner (Pro-96), there is not much in this area to listen to. You do get some digital from Yonkers PD, Suffolk PD (very little), but otherwise you should concentrate on getting a good trunking scanner. You could save yourself some $$ and get something like a RS Pro-97 fairly inexpensively on eBay or new when it is on sale at the Shack.

Bob

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
If you need help programming your radio, please shoot me a PM.
I can give you all the help you need, I'm local to you.

SCANdal

Silent Key
royalman18 said:
whats the diff of a digital and triple trunked?

Digital is a mode, or method, used to send a radio transmission.

Triple Trunked is a feature available on some scanners. It means that those scanners can track radio traffic over most Motorola, some M/ACom (EDACS but not ProVoice), and some EFJohnson (Logic Trunked Radio but not Passport) trunked radios systems. Dual Trunked means it can track most Motorolas and M/ACom EDACS and Trunked only means Motorola only.

SCANdal

royalman18

thanks for all the help. i still have a problem i dont get good reception from my house i can hear the calls but its unclear is there anything i can do

xpawel15x

royalman18 said:
thanks for all the help. i still have a problem i dont get good reception from my house i can hear the calls but its unclear is there anything i can do

You can always get a better antenna. The Diamond RH77CA or the RS Deluxe antenna both work well for UHF (band NYPD uses). They're handheld antennas that go directly on the BNC on your scanner. You can get the RH77CA from www.universal-radio.com and the deluxe on www.radioshack.com just look for radio accessories. I have both of them and still can't decide which one works best for UHF.

Bebo0ndeck

NYPD Radio Help

Hey I work for the NYPD and i need help trying to program my Radio!! I need all the codes for the radio and he Program that is in the Police Radio!

BigDogg795

Hey I work for the NYPD and i need help trying to program my Radio!! I need all the codes for the radio and he Program that is in the Police Radio!

Are you talking about a portable or a scanner? Scanner you can find all the info in the DB here. If you're talking a portable; bring it down to the shop and if you're authorized, they may try to work with you.

elk2370bruce

There is the old Perry Como theme song: "Dream along with me - you stayed too long at the bar!" Besides, you can always have one of your radio geeks do it for you.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Just bring your radio with you to this address 100 Centre Street in manhattan tell them bob "sent" you. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.