NYPD SSD Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
So today I was listening to school safety citywide one and I heard over the radio different unit ID's like "Brooklyn north adam" and "Brooklyn north 14", "u-90", "team one". So I was wondering if someone knew what those units are? and can define them for me.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to New York forum as this has nothing to do with Amateur Radio.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
So today I was listening to school safety citywide one and I heard over the radio different unit ID's like "Brooklyn north adam" and "Brooklyn north 14", "u-90", "team one". So I was wondering if someone knew what those units are? and can define them for me.

These are the school security guards. They are in every NYC public school and they have mobile response units in all 5 boro's as well. They are for the safety of all students and teachers in the schools. They are on duty in the schools as long as the schools are open including after school events. The mobile units operate 24/7 and check all the schools during the night and holidays and weekends for security of the buildings.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
HAZ-TAC

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I know who they are I went to school seeing them. I just didn't know what those units on SSD CW ONE were but thanks anyway though. I found out via help from another person on here on an article posted via scanner digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.