NYPD terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I've been listening to NYPD on my XTS5000 for a few years. Now and again i hear them add or modify a term

The latest one i am hearing is "Sensitive location" when they give out an EDP job. What is sensitive about the location?

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
There is an event going on now at 122 and park. SRG is receiving air mail [emoji33]
It started as a sensitive location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Or houses of ill repute, abortion clinics. Don't know if still required but locations that requires a SGT to respond with other services. I just hope the co-ordination of services is better now, my partner and I responded to a storefront "sensitive location " very early one Sunday morning, and not for the fact we had a PD portable we would have not known that it was a facility that was subject to bomb threats. Needless to say we were not very happy with the EMS dispatcher for not forwarding that information and he was then rather curt when we called him on it over the radio.

Quote"Sensitive locations can also be NYPD repeater sites."

That would be a lot of rooftops in private buildings.

Darkstar350

There has been some changes in NYPD radio terminology in recent times - i think its somewhat of a attempt to incorporate more "plain language"

A bit earlier today i heard something different over one of the citywide channels
Something to the affect of "As per the Brooklyn supervisor no MOS in the confines of brooklyn are to " DOP "(??) without the authorization of the CO "

I know MOS = members of the service and CO stands for commanding officer , but " DOP " i cant say i have heard NYPD use that before
I do recall some LE agencies use that term over the years however and i think it could be "Disposal of property" aka a raid or confescation of some sort

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I'm listening right now to the 90/94 at work from my XTS5000 and heard the message of the day state "Possible locations involving domestic violence, have a supervisor respond and back out" along with the arrive alive and advise, I am unsure if they mean back out as in back out of the location or something different. I've noticed as well in my home pct of if the 25/28/32 it's changing. I am making videos for my YouTube channel just as a hobby, so I'll try to get some of this onto YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.