Nypd transit never available for jobs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
Hey so I'm listening to the Transit frequency for division #4 which is districts 30/32/34 and as of 10:00am on 11/4/14 there is a huge backlog in district #32 and #34. District #32 is holding 28 jobs and district #34 is holding 16 jobs! while district #30 has only 2 jobs holding. So I was wondering if anyone can tell me what would the NYPD do to correct this backlog and get the districts out of it? Furthermore, it seems that foot post don't pick up jobs only the mobile cars do and it they are overran with transports and jobs so why can't those foot posts pick up some jobs near their areas? I know they have to wait for the train but at least handle those jobs. Majority of the jobs holding are non priorities but about 15 of the jobs are important like assaults in progress, disputes with weapons, harassment calls. So how is transit going to get out of this one?

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
In reference to your question foot posts do pick up jobs if they are available. Sometimes they are on the train and don't hear the jobs come over the radio. As advanced as radios are these days the NYPD Transit division is still behind the times. As for clearing up the backlog of jobs Pct. units will be assigned priority jobs to help get transit out of the backlog. The transit PD is not a very big division and they can only do so much. Also some foot posts wont come over the air to say they are responding and will let the disp. know they are on the scene when they get there. This is because they don't always know how long it will take for them to get to the job by train and if it is a priority job and it takes them a long time to get there and someone is seriously hurt that helps no one. This way the Pct. units get the job and can get there faster and help the person that needs help.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS HAZ-TAC
Blooming Grove Twp., PA.
Emergency Management Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.