NYPD Transit Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
So I was listening to the NYPD's transit division frequency and I was wondering what are all the different units that use the channel. For example some things I heard were: "32 Adam/Boy, ATU post #5, XP post #15, Safe passage post #8, Omega 11, 34 David #28" Those are the units that I don't know what their function is so I would like for anyone to come forward and help me out.

willgrah

32 Adam/Boy is the 32nd Precinct Sector Adam and Boy, Same would apply to the 34 Sector David. Precincts are broken up into patrol sectors designated by a letter. As far as the acronyms for the other post I cannot be of any help, they could be area specific. It does sound to me that you are listening to a city wide frequency no specific to transit.

ff026

Feed Provider
32 Adam/Boy is the 32nd Precinct Sector Adam and Boy, Same would apply to the 34 Sector David. Precincts are broken up into patrol sectors designated by a letter. As far as the acronyms for the other post I cannot be of any help, they could be area specific. It does sound to me that you are listening to a city wide frequency no specific to transit.

Why do people chime in and reply to threads, and give misinformation. The OP was asking about NYPD Transit division units. There are Transit units that would be 34 Adam or 32 Adam. District 32 and 34 are in Brooklyn.

Since iCad was placed in service transit and housing have to use the same radio monikers as patrol.

As far as the other monikers I couldn't tell you but knowing the NYPD each acronym probably means something.

willgrah

Why do people chime in and reply to threads, and give misinformation. The OP was asking about NYPD Transit division units. There are Transit units that would be 34 Adam or 32 Adam. District 32 and 34 are in Brooklyn.

Since iCad was placed in service transit and housing have to use the same radio monikers as patrol.

As far as the other monikers I couldn't tell you but knowing the NYPD each acronym probably means something.

So then why did you not respond to the OP's question in the first place if you know. I don't get it. You would rather troll for someone trying to help a guy out and call him wrong then help a person. I spent a few decades above ground doing real police work not waiting for someone to jump a turnstile. So if you have more information for the OP give it. And as far as we know, he still might be off frequency.

ff026

Feed Provider
I did answer the question. Since iCad was placed in service Transit and Housing have to use the same monikers as Patrol.

So 32 Adam is probably the old transit 32 mobile 1, etc.

uhhmunch3884

Premium Subscriber
So I would have to side with ffo26. The explanation you gave was correct. I was able to check it out with a transit cop who is friends with the old man. 32 adam = the old 32 mobile 1.

sc800

I don't know all of the acronyms but I believe that Omega posts are the booths on certain platforms ans safe passage posts are foot posts during school dismissals.

Status
Not open for further replies.