NYPD using APX NEXT radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-crime

Just saw an SRG lieutenant carrying an APX NEXT radio. Over kill for the NYPD if you ask me, but what do I know.

also saw an ESU guy with an APX 8000 model 3.5. Had a ton of zones programmed in it, including both encrypted and non encrypted zones, as well as nationwide frequencies along with FDNY channels as well.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
also saw an ESU guy with an APX 8000 model 3.5. Had a ton of zones programmed in it, including both encrypted and non encrypted zones, as well as nationwide frequencies along with FDNY channels as well.
How did you actually see what was programmed in his radio?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Just saw an SRG lieutenant carrying an APX NEXT radio. Over kill for the NYPD if you ask me, but what do I know.

I heard they are demoing the Next

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I was told some of the SWAT and Detectives in one of our task force agencies are getting NEXTs, simply due to the ability to carry their talkgroup to LTE. Every time they go out of County following a target, once outside the range of their trunked system, they wind up switching to AT&T ePTT. But for around $10K a subscriber.....

Archie

Which nationwide channels did they have? And they have had encryption all along but on a limited basis beyond Internal Affairs and Organized Crime units?

Danny37

Which nationwide channels did they have? And they have had encryption all along but on a limited basis beyond Internal Affairs and Organized Crime units?

The new radios that are assigned have all the zones duplicated for analog clear zones and digital encrypted zones.

12dbsinad

I was told some of the SWAT and Detectives in one of our task force agencies are getting NEXTs, simply due to the ability to carry their talkgroup to LTE. Every time they go out of County following a target, once outside the range of their trunked system, they wind up switching to AT&T ePTT. But for around $10K a subscriber.....
Zello is much cheaper

12dbsinad

Zello is not mission critical.
Neither is FirstNet LTE but they want you to believe it is. One car bomb takes out 5 states.. not good.

And I joking about using zello, it was said to get some reaction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.